Started by BuddhaRhubarb, March 28, 2009, 01:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on March 31, 2009, 08:10:54 AM
Your dad a "traveling man"?  :lol:

Papa was a rolling stone.
Wherever he laid his hat was his home.
And when he died all he left us was ALONE
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

It's the birthday that keeps on giving! :cheers:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Valmy on March 31, 2009, 07:56:35 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 31, 2009, 02:35:39 AM
The problem is more apparent than real. American Budweiser is fermented rice-swill, Czech Budweiser is a rather good lager beer, nobody could get them confused.

No arguments here.  Budweiser gives American beer a bad name.  We actually make great beer in the US but everybody thinks our beer sucks ass thanks to Budweiser.

Yes, having drunk many excellent American beers, I actually have a standard lecture that I deliver on this whenever a fellow British beer-drinker slags American beer off. We Brits actually have a somewhat similar problem in the international perception of our beer, which seems to be largely based on some vile liquid dished up to tourists in the obvious suspect pubs in the centre of London which no right-thinking Englishman would dream of drinking in  :)

Syt

Germany also suffers from mainstream beers - Bitburger and Warsteiner, mostly, that are horrifically bland.

It's good that Austria has by virtue only smaller breweries (Stiegl, Gösser, Ottakringer being the biggest, and Stiegl offering best quality).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

I almost bought a 400 dollar Mac Mini just for the hell of it and to play By Design's wargames. Didn't pull the trigger though.

http://www.macwargames.com/index2.htm

DAMN YOU BEEB!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Heh.

Nice sight - doesn't look like they do digital downloads though. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on March 31, 2009, 10:26:28 AM
It's the birthday that keeps on giving! :cheers:
Happy birthweek!:cheers:

derspiess

Oh, uh, Happy Pleated Apple Birthday dude :cheers:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.