And we're back!

Main Menu

Happy Birthday Beeb!!

Started by BuddhaRhubarb, March 28, 2009, 01:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on March 28, 2009, 03:36:33 PM
Quote from: Neil on March 28, 2009, 03:34:52 PM
I would be very leery of any beer with the word 'Budweiser' on the bottle.

It's a very different beer than American bud. :contract:
Yeah?  I don't see why they'd market it under the Budweiser label, given the terrible rep of that swill.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on March 28, 2009, 05:04:56 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 28, 2009, 03:36:33 PM
Quote from: Neil on March 28, 2009, 03:34:52 PM
I would be very leery of any beer with the word 'Budweiser' on the bottle.

It's a very different beer than American bud. :contract:
Yeah?  I don't see why they'd market it under the Budweiser label, given the terrible rep of that swill.

There's a whole history between Euro Budweiser and American Budweiser.

Both started up roughly atthe same time in the 19th century.  Both were based on the same basic style from Budjovice, Bohemia.  They had a number of court battles before some kind of detante was reached - US Bud can use the name in some countries, but Euro Bud can use it in Europe.

So you'll never see American Budweiser in Europe, and Euro Budweiser (whose full name is Budweiser Budvar) gets called Czechvar in North America.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Happy Birthday to my brother by a different mother :cheers:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habsburg

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on March 28, 2009, 05:11:40 PM
So you'll never see American Budweiser in Europe, and Euro Budweiser (whose full name is Budweiser Budvar) gets called Czechvar in North America.
I think I've seen bottles of Bud in Brit movies.

KRonn

Grallon

Happy Birthday tight arsed lawyer  ;)

When will you be producing a little BB, complete with plated pants ?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 28, 2009, 08:40:30 PM
I think I've seen bottles of Bud in Brit movies.

I think this was done fairly recently.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on March 28, 2009, 03:05:18 PM
Quote from: Syt on March 28, 2009, 01:58:22 PM
:beer: <= Czech Budweiser Dark

:cheers:

:o I had no idea there was such a thing!

I absolutely loved the Budweiser Budvar, and buy it here on occasion (goes by the name Czechvar).  In fact I have a bottle in my fridge for later. :cheers:

:yes:

They recently won another court battle against Anheuser-Busch who want to copyright the Budweiser brand in the EU. However, Budweiser/Budvar could prove so far that they've used the name in ad campaigns in Europe longer than Anh-B. :nelson:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Korea

OH, wow. Happy Birthday!!!!
I want my mother fucking points!

Richard Hakluyt

The problem is more apparent than real. American Budweiser is fermented rice-swill, Czech Budweiser is a rather good lager beer, nobody could get them confused.

The Budweiser dark is good stuff as well btw.

Happy Birthday BB  :alberta:

Lucidor

Valmy

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 31, 2009, 02:35:39 AM
The problem is more apparent than real. American Budweiser is fermented rice-swill, Czech Budweiser is a rather good lager beer, nobody could get them confused.

No arguments here.  Budweiser gives American beer a bad name.  We actually make great beer in the US but everybody thinks our beer sucks ass thanks to Budweiser.

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on March 28, 2009, 08:01:32 PM
Happy Birthday to my brother by a different mother :cheers:

Your dad a "traveling man"?  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius