Nej = No
Jårön = Jaron
Slargos = I hate dark piple
Hortlund = I really hate dark piple

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

DisturbedPervert

Monoriu

I love Ikea.  A significant portion of my furniture is from Ikea.  There is even a piece that was purchased in Canada, and survived the shipment back to HK, moving houses 3 times, and a flood. 

Tonitrus

Their Swedish meatballs are pretty good.

And lingonberries are vile.

DisturbedPervert

The only thing I've ever bought at Ikea is the meatballs.  Doubt I'd buy anything there other than food.

Monoriu

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 05, 2009, 04:26:50 AM
The only thing I've ever bought at Ikea is the meatballs.  Doubt I'd buy anything there other than food.

I have -

1 x dinning table
4 x chairs for dinning table
1 x coffee table with storage underneath
1 x wardrobe-cum-storage
2 x lockable document shelves
1 x night stand
4 x stools
Plus a lot of other small things, like storage boxes

I do have to say, however, that some of their products suck.  Anybody who uses IKEA knives to suicide himself is bound to fail.  Their pillow cases are no good.

CountDeMoney

Alatriste

Quote from: Monoriu on November 05, 2009, 04:34:26 AM
Anybody who uses IKEA knives to suicide himself is bound to fail.

Well, what did you expect from a Swedish company? They probably have strict laws against deadly cutlery  :P

For the record I have 1 Poang armchair, 1 TV table, several Billy bookshelves... etc, etc.

Brazen

Quote from: Monoriu on November 05, 2009, 04:34:26 AM
I do have to say, however, that some of their products suck.  Anybody who uses IKEA knives to suicide himself is bound to fail.  Their pillow cases are no good.
The obvious answer to "why" is because you're a tightass. But I'm intrigued as to how someone so self-confessedly ham-fisted put so much together. You didn't *gasp* pay someone, did you>

My flat is 50% IKEA furnished, nealry all of it I dragged up two floors myself and constructed single-handedly.

Grey Fox

90% of what I own is IKEA make.

I think they make a pretty good fish & chips for lunch, too.

Yeah, I work next door to one.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malthus

The bookcases are pretty good. I have several of those.

The problem with Ikea is that if you get a whole room set, much of the stuff is truly cheap and shoddy - and looks it.

It is however a good way to buy starter furniture one step above using milk crates - the best part is that much of it is very cheap. To be replaced with good stuff ASAP.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on November 05, 2009, 11:08:01 AM
The bookcases are pretty good. I have several of those.

The problem with Ikea is that if you get a whole room set, much of the stuff is truly cheap and shoddy - and looks it.
:yes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

I love IKEA. But I don't buy my furniture from them except the odd item that can get away with looking cheap. I generally prefer more posh shops. :blush:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.