Computer geeks, this is your time to shine.

Started by Eochaid, March 28, 2009, 08:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Eochaid on March 28, 2009, 03:23:06 PM
Quote from: Tyr on March 28, 2009, 03:18:34 PM
Defragging couldn't do any harm. May not solve it but worth a try, could be fragmented to hell?

My 2*1TB HDs are divided in 8*250 GB partitions (1 system, 1 docs, 2 games, 4 vids & assorted)

I don't see why a defrag would do anything...  :huh:

KEvin
I'm guessing if its totally fragmented then the download could get corrupted due to being placed very oddly in the file structure. Just a random theory in lieu of a definate answer though.
██████
██████
██████

Iormlund

DontSayBanana

RAM's one answer. How full are your partitions? I realize 2TB is pretty hard to fill, but I also know people who do their damnedest to keep that amount stuffed- NTFS isn't as bad as FAT32 about disk thrashing, but it still has a comfort zone of somewhere around 128MB, in my experience.
Experience bij!

dps

I'm far from an expert, but I'd say it's possible that your flash player or other media player either aren't the latest versions or have corrupted installs.

DontSayBanana

The old versions shouldn't have anything to do with the installers for the new versions. Also, are you using a download manager, like GetItNow or FlashGet? I think both updaters you're talking about come in the form of self-extracting archives, and download managers make a lot of archives' CRC checks fail.
Experience bij!