Poll: What browser should I configure to my liking?

Started by Lucidor, November 03, 2009, 03:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

As stated above

Internet Explorer
4 (18.2%)
Firefox
13 (59.1%)
Google Chrome
3 (13.6%)
Opera
4 (18.2%)
Other, please specify
3 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Lucidor

Well?

I'm leaning towards Firefox again, but somehow I got the feeling something happened in Firefox 3.5. It got slower, and I also experienced my computer started deteriorating when I installed it, so I'm blaming it for that, subconsciously.

I read that Google Chrome is too spyey, and IE well... It's IE.

Anyone have anything good or bad to say about Opera? Website says it's good, and I like the mouse gestures.

As an experiment, you may chose two options.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

DisturbedPervert

Firefox.

Opera is nice, I like it's built in mouse gestures, but this can be easily added to Firefox and Opera doesn't have the thousands of plugins that Firefox does.

Lucidor

Lucidor

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 03, 2009, 03:40:48 PM
Netscape Navigator
Weird, I used that one in high school at their computers, but then it just went away. Is it still there?

Josquius

Opera is great though it costs money. Which sucks.

Firefox I'm growing increasingly to hate, its very very resource intensitve. I may switch back to ie soon.
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Quote from: Lucidor on November 03, 2009, 04:15:57 PM
Quote from: Martinus on November 03, 2009, 03:41:12 PM
Other: Safari. -_-
Would that require some hardware upgrades? ;)

No it would not.  I'm posting this right now under Safari for Windows.  :cool:  It is also, by the way, the #3 web browser behind IE and Firefox.  It's miles ahead of Chrome and Opera.

Quite honestly - I do like Safari 4 for Windows (Safari 3 seemed a little, I dunno, unrefined).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

frunk

Quote from: Tyr on November 03, 2009, 07:40:25 PM
Opera is great though it costs money. Which sucks.

Opera is free, and has been for the past few years.

Monoriu

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Monoriu on November 03, 2009, 08:30:59 PM
The one and only - Internet Explorer.

For somebody who works in IT, you're a tech's worst nightmare. <_<

Firefox is the most secure once you install the NoScript and FlashBlock addons; Safari's the fastest- I use Safari for browsing my usual playgrounds, and I switch to Firefox for anything involving downloads or unfamiliar sites that I know won't require a lot of script or Flash content.

I liked Opera, but around V9, they just got full of bloat while all the others got full of the features that made Opera stand out, so I wouldn't think it's all that viable as a main browser.
Experience bij!

Monoriu

Quote from: DontSayBanana on November 04, 2009, 12:17:36 AM

Why?  If everybody in the world uses IE, then a tech's job is much easier. 

Lucidor

Trying out Safari - hopefully the friends at Apple didn't hijack everything with the taint of Quicktime. It's harder to import bookmarks from Firefox than I thought it would be.

Alatriste

I use mainly Opera (they switched to free some time ago) and I'm experimenting with Chrome lately. Both are good, Chrome seems faster on average. I tried Firefox, it was more or less as good as Opera... or, in other words, I saw no reason to abandon Opera.

bogh

Quote from: DontSayBanana on November 04, 2009, 12:17:36 AM

Our IT-department and policy specifically forbids installation of alternative browsers (people do it constantly anyway, though - and some of us do need them for our jobs). The basic idea is to have everyone use IE to focus on that security wise, plus we use tons of browser-based enterprise applications - those are not necessarily cross platform.