News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Erection day

Started by Ed Anger, November 02, 2009, 04:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on November 04, 2009, 04:30:47 PM
I showed up and voted on an endless series of ridiculous Texas constitutional issues that should be legislative decisions...but we love voting on every damn thing in this State.
Interesting.  Have fun being the next California.  DEMOCRACY DOESN'T WORK.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

alfred russel

Quote from: Fate on November 03, 2009, 11:33:49 PM
Right wing radicals managed to cause the Republicans to lose NY-23, a House seat that hasn't been in Democratic hands for 100 years.  :lol:

Last night they had a democratic operative on TV talking about NY with Republicans running someone from the "extreme far right wing." What an idiot--that was fine rhetoric before the election, but do you really want to say that some extreme conservative running in an upstate NY district that Obama won only lost by 4%?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on November 04, 2009, 12:20:08 PM
Is homosexuality a religion now?

CRUSADE!

Sure we worship at the gym and it is a dream of every little gay boy (and perhaps girl) to make the pilgrimage to SF in their lifetime.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Faeelin

Quote from: Faeelin on November 04, 2009, 08:24:00 AM
Quote from: derspiess on November 04, 2009, 08:16:59 AM
:nelson: @ Marty.

Three cheers for bigotry and religious intolerance!

CRUSADE!

Nah, just love the idea of rabbis who are outside the Judaeo-Christian tradition.

Neil

Quote from: Faeelin on November 04, 2009, 07:55:26 PM
Quote from: Faeelin on November 04, 2009, 08:24:00 AM
Quote from: derspiess on November 04, 2009, 08:16:59 AM
:nelson: @ Marty.
Three cheers for bigotry and religious intolerance!

CRUSADE!
Nah, just love the idea of rabbis who are outside the Judaeo-Christian tradition.
That's no reason to side with Martinus.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Hansmeister

Quote from: derspiess on November 03, 2009, 11:44:42 PM
Right wing radicals managed to cause the Republicans to lose NY-23, a House seat that hasn't been in Democratic hands for 100 years.  :lol:

The GOP candidate might as well have been a Dem herself, so no loss.  It was a smooth move on Obama's part to create the vacancy, however.
It was kinda pathetic how the local GOP leadership nominate a far-left radical as a candidate.  The Democrat was probably more conservative than she was.  :lol:

This is the second special election in NY this year where the state GOP political leadership nominated a worthless career political hack.  There needs to be a serious shakeout of the State GOP establishment.

Fate

Quote from: Weatherman on November 04, 2009, 09:15:33 AM

Nope:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NY-23#1843_-_present:_one_seat
The quote has been repeated many times in the media. I believe they mean the geographic area of the current 23rd. Over time there have been 23rds that weren't based on the conservative border region with Canada.  NY district borders shift fairly frequently since they've been consistently bleeding EVs. I don't know what # district covered the far upstate region before it its current incarnation.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Fate on November 04, 2009, 08:56:46 PM
The quote has been repeated many times in the media. I believe they mean the geographic area of the current 23rd. Over time there have been 23rds that weren't based on the conservative border region with Canada.  NY district borders shift fairly frequently since they've been consistently bleeding EVs. Dunno # district covered the far upstate region before it its current incarnation.

:P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers