‘Crazy’ rapist arrested after cops find 6 bodies

Started by jimmy olsen, November 01, 2009, 06:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warspite

Quote from: grumbler on November 02, 2009, 09:27:19 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on November 01, 2009, 08:08:57 PM
They should be executed after the first offense anyway, so ideally recidivism would be a non-issue.
If you execute them before their first offense, you have an even more "ideal" situation.

:yes:
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Caliga

Quote from: ulmont on November 02, 2009, 10:00:57 AM
Quote'Crazy' rapist arrested after cops find 6 bodies

After you find six bodies, shouldn't this guy get moved from the "'crazy' rapist" into the "'crazy' serial killer" category?
He failed to invent a clever villain name for himself and write threatening letters to local papers, so sorry... no.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

KRonn

Well, I think maybe this guy's prior record wasn't severe enough to warrant a life in prison? Beating, choking and raping didn't get the perp put away for life - maybe it should have though. Seems in all these cases the criminal always has either a long record or at least one other conviction that I'd feel should have kept the guy/gal in prison for good.

Tonitrus

They should be executed after the first offense anyway, so ideally recidivism would be a non-issue.
If you execute them before their first offense, you have an even more "ideal" situation.

Everyone deserves at least one chance at law-abiding-ness.

CountDeMoney

After you find six bodies, shouldn't this guy get moved from the "'crazy' rapist" into the "'crazy' serial killer" category?

He's innocent until proven guilty.

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 02, 2009, 06:20:11 PM

He's presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Fixed.  Big difference.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

FunkMonk

Someone's been watching Minority Report.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Martinus

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Grey Fox

Quote from: Caliga on November 03, 2009, 10:59:36 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 03, 2009, 10:58:30 AM
I really hate the "ad hom" term.
Why?

It's pretentious. I'm no fan of the english language habit of using latin expression so often too.

"stop attacking me" works just fine.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 03, 2009, 11:08:29 AM
It's pretentious. I'm no fan of the english language habit of using latin expression so often too.

"stop attacking me" works just fine.
But pretentiousness is what Languish does best!  :(

Ok, maybe negativity is what we do best. :unsure: