And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL 2009 Official Thread

Started by Strix, March 10, 2009, 01:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Game 7 here we come.

The Team of Destiny(tm) strikes again.  Dave Steckel is my hero  :cry:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

PRC

Well there it is, didn't the Hawks could do it and I was sure that the Canucks would make it through this round.  Hawks proved me wrong, congrats Chicago!

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HVC

Looks like the refs couldn't buy Vancouver a 7th.

also, screw you russia.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

C.C.R.

:cheers: Blackhawks!!!

A great series all the way around the horn.  I said earlier that every night was Anything Can Happen Night, but honestly it was Any Shift Can Happen Shift for this whole series.  It was A Series of Bounces, and the Blackhawks were able to capitalize on them.  Good stuff, and Mad Props to both the Blackhawks & the Canucks for one crazy fuck of a Barn-Burner tonight...

:ccr

katmai

Hey hoss, how do the hawks stack up vs Wings/Ducks?

C.C.R.

Quote from: katmai on May 11, 2009, 11:33:42 PM
Hey hoss, how do the hawks stack up vs Wings/Ducks?

I honestly, completely & totally have no fucking idea, Josh.  It all depends on who Brings It on a game to game, period to period, shift to shift basis.  I almost need to see the first game against whomever the Hawks play in Round 3 to give any kind of analysis.  Both the Ducks & the Red Wings are playing great hockey right now & whomever wins that series is going to come out with a good deal of momentum.  The Red Wings are obviously the defending champions & the odds-on favorites, but even if the Ducks can top them then the Hawks will be facing the team that, obviously, defeated the defending champions & odds-on favorites.

I'm torn.  I fucking good & goddamned well *HATE* Detroit, which means that I simultaneously want to avoid them because they're so damned good & want to play them because, well, they're so damned good & the year for the Blackhawks won't feel complete to me (win or lose) without going against the best team out there.  It's like that darkie in Dirty Harry when Clint can't remember if he fired six shots or only five -- "I gots to know!"

Grey Fox

:yeah:

I'm now okay with the Wings beating the Ducks, we deserve an Hawks vs Wings series.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

I'm content with knowing the Cup stays in USA.

Delirium

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 12, 2009, 06:56:38 AM
:yeah:

I'm now okay with the Wings beating the Ducks, we deserve an Hawks vs Wings series.

That one might actually be worth watching. Old rivalry.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

saskganesh

wow. Chicago.

Luongo certainly picked a crazy time to have the worst game in his career. When the 'nucks potted their 5th goal, I was sure, the game was in the bag. not to be. the Hawks got into Lou's head. maybe the stick to the face helped.  still, adversity exists to be overcome, a small play like that isn't the reason.

anyhow, looking forward to a Wings showdown. that'll be great.

also enjoying the Caps/Pens epic. this is a damn good playoff.
humans were created in their own image

Delirium

I predict Sundin will announce his retirement during the Summer. I also predict Peter Forsberg will finally give up his comeback attempts and retire as well.

Two of our greatest players ever retiring the same year, and also Markus Näslund. Would be great of them not to extend themselves over the 2010 Olympics, we need to let the new stars take over.

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

saskganesh

I would like Sundin back, but he would have to take a discount and work out with Chelios in the off season. I don't think either is likely, the bald dude would rather play online poker.
humans were created in their own image