And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL 2009 Official Thread

Started by Strix, March 10, 2009, 01:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on April 12, 2009, 09:33:35 AM
Quote from: PRC on April 11, 2009, 11:30:09 PM
Stanley Cup final will be Vancouver vs. New Jersey with Vancouver winning the Cup.
Bullshit.  Vancouver will choke like the no-heart bunch of Euros that they are.  They represent everything that is wrong with hockey, and will be destroyed by the Blue Jackets, a much grittier team.  It might take six games, but in the end Vancouver will collapse.

hail Neil.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Quote from: Neil on April 12, 2009, 09:33:35 AM
Quote from: PRC on April 11, 2009, 11:30:09 PM
Stanley Cup final will be Vancouver vs. New Jersey with Vancouver winning the Cup.
Bullshit.  Vancouver will choke like the no-heart bunch of Euros that they are.  They represent everything that is wrong with hockey, and will be destroyed by the Blue Jackets, a much grittier team.  It might take six games, but in the end Vancouver will collapse.

It all depends how much time Luongo will spend crying to the refs instead of watching the play & stopping the puck.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

C.C.R.

The Blackhawks won a pair of home-on-home games with Detroit this weekend, putting together some nice momentum going into the playoffs.  They need to continue keeping their game simple, playing good team defense & continue to capiltalize on chances as they arise.  Khabibulin has been playing very, very well the last several games & also needs to keep it up.

Or something.  I'm just happy that the Hawks finally beat Detroit a couple of times this weekend.  Sure, the Wings sat Lidstrom & Hossa today, but fuck it -- it made me Happy...

:ccr

Neil

Plus, the Blackhawks get the Flames in the first round, whose legendary choke and injured team will result in a quick exit.  A shame, since both the Canadian teams have fallen apart.  Montreal will be lucky not to get swept, and will probably fail.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

PRC

Vancouver will be playing St. Louis and not Columbus.  Columbus gets Detroit.

Strix

Quote from: Neil on April 12, 2009, 06:11:20 PM
Plus, the Blackhawks get the Flames in the first round, whose legendary choke and injured team will result in a quick exit.  A shame, since both the Canadian teams have fallen apart.  Montreal will be lucky not to get swept, and will probably fail.

It's Bettman's league. He'll fix it so that the Habs take it all on their 100th anniversary.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Neil

Quote from: PRC on April 12, 2009, 07:36:20 PM
Vancouver will be playing St. Louis and not Columbus.  Columbus gets Detroit.
Well, that's a closer match.  The Blues will prevail though.  Evil will be vanquished.

I just hope the Jackets have it in them to crush Detroit.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Strix on April 12, 2009, 07:49:57 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 12, 2009, 06:11:20 PM

It's Bettman's league. He'll fix it so that the Habs take it all on their 100th anniversary.
I'm sure Bettman will try.  With the way that Montreal's blue line was crippled by cheap shots from the Leafs, right at the end of the season, I don't think that they have much of a chance, even if the league were to try something ridiculous like that.

jimmy olsen

The Bruins will win, sweeping all 4 major sports this decade! :contract:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 12, 2009, 08:07:29 PM
The Bruins will win, sweeping all 4 major sports this decade! :contract:

Well shit i don't know who's tears would be more sweet, timmay if Bruins lose or Zoupa/gf's  :(
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

I don't know, it'll be a great series none the less.

saskganesh

bemused by Calgary's collapse. still, it doesn't matter. given that the cap does not count in the playoffs, they can ice a full team now. they better do well, otherwise, they will have to do some major retooling. in any other market, sutter would be gone.
humans were created in their own image

Grey Fox

Quote from: saskganesh on April 13, 2009, 10:08:25 AM
bemused by Calgary's collapse. still, it doesn't matter. given that the cap does not count in the playoffs, they can ice a full team now. they better do well, otherwise, they will have to do some major retooling. in any other market, sutter would be gone.

Wanna talk cap? Flyers have been fielding amateur try out contract defensemen that get 5min of ice time for the past 4-5 games.

Valmy

I look forward to the Washington Capitals hoisting the cup.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on April 13, 2009, 10:41:23 AM
I look forward to the Washington Capitals hoisting the cup.

I'd like to cheer for the Caps but I just can't. I want Jose Theodore to fail, I want him to kill himself in a Chris Benoit homage.