News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Google Wave

Started by Brazen, October 30, 2009, 10:26:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

The real-time typing thing was supposedly so you "don't have to look at '#### is typing...' before you could start responding.  It sounds like it's currently enabled by default, but can be disabled with a check.  I'm curious about it, but I'd need an invite before I could get in and start picking the features apart- all I've seen so far is the demo video from Google IO.  Would like an invite if someone's got one.
Experience bij!

Caliga

spiess, I got your invite... but this Google Voice shit ain't free?  Or is there only a cost when placing an international call or something?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on November 04, 2009, 07:57:33 AM
spiess, I got your invite... but this Google Voice shit ain't free?  Or is there only a cost when placing an international call or something?

I think international calls are the only thing you have to pay for.  What most people are using Google Voice for is call routing & voicemail (apparently their visual voicemail is pretty good).  Once you have your new Google Voice phone number, you can give people that one phone# & then decide where the call forwards to.  You can also use Google Voice as your voicemail, and you can even set Google Voice to, for example, "intercept" a call made to your home phone & forward it to your cellphone.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

DontSayBanana

Any chance of getting an invite?
Experience bij!

derspiess

I don't have a Wave invite, buy the first one who PM's me with their gmail address gets my last Google Voice invite.   It's a free phone # with voicemail, if nothing else.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Darth Wagtaros

Trying it now. The transcription doesn't seem to work. 
PDH!

derspiess

Haven't used the transcription thing yet.  Hopefully it's at least better than Vonage's.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Viking

I've got wave, but I haven't found any use for it yet. The fact that google is restricting invites doesn't really help since it just means I have fewer people to wave with.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Darth Wagtaros

We need to get a D&D game going over wave.  Second Edition preferably.
PDH!

Viking

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on November 08, 2009, 01:51:04 PM
We need to get a D&D game going over wave.  Second Edition preferably.

That might work...
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Darth Wagtaros

That's what Wave is there for.
PDH!

Tamas