News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week VII, Electric Boogaloo

Started by CountDeMoney, October 21, 2009, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Monday is a holiday in Austria, so I can watch all three games ESPN shows here.

6PM New England vs Tampa Bay (at London)
9PM Atlanta at Dallas
1 AM Arizona at NY Giants
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Quote from: Syt on October 23, 2009, 06:33:40 AM

9PM Atlanta at Dallas

Amerikanerfußballtag!  :punk:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

9PM Atlanta at Dallas
Those are some scheiss match ups. (Gints and Zona might be OK.)

Is it just me or does it seem like the number of awful teams is higher than most years?

Syt

Normally we get Vikings and/or Ravens on sundays. Ravens are bye. OTOH they hardly ever show Pittsburgh, which explains my Favre-free sunday this time around. :P

(Next week is Favre-day again)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 23, 2009, 10:23:40 AM

9PM Atlanta at Dallas

Is it just me or does it seem like the number of awful teams is higher than most years?
Whoever scheduled the Patriots and Bucs as their big London exhibition should be fired.  There is nothing interesting in that matchup at all.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Neil on October 23, 2009, 11:43:05 AM
Whoever scheduled the Patriots and Bucs as their big London exhibition should be fired.  There is nothing interesting in that matchup at all.
They're playing in London?  If nothing else then I'd like to see the game for curiosity value.

Ed Anger

9PM Atlanta at Dallas

Whoever came up with the London idea should be raped. The NFL is 'merican.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

ulmont

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 23, 2009, 11:51:52 AM
They're playing in London?  If nothing else then I'd like to see the game for curiosity value.

Yeah, the NFL has been doing this for a few years, after shutting down NFL Europe.

katmai

9PM Atlanta at Dallas

Hmm,
St Louis
Tampa Bay
Tenn are all winless, nah not that bad, along with three one win teams atm too.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: ulmont on October 23, 2009, 01:55:16 PM

Yeah, the NFL has been doing this for a few years, after shutting down NFL Europe.

They held exhibition games in the UK even before NFL Europe, going back to the '80s.  But, looks like it's not going anywhere.

Quotecommissioner Roger Goodell expects the league to start playing multiple regular-season games in Britain in the next few years - an expansion that could lead to putting a franchise in London.

Goodell said Friday that "every indicator" shows the British market can support more games and that having a franchise there is of "tremendous interest" to the league. But he stopped short of giving a timeline for expanding the NFL's overseas presence.

"The interest and the enthusiasm for our game continues to grow, and we want to feed that," Goodell said. "We want to respond to that by hopefully bringing more to the UK."

Goodell spoke at a sports conference Friday ahead of Sunday's game between the New England Patriots and Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Wembley Stadium. It's the third year in a row the NFL is staging a regular-season game in London, and the league is now looking into playing at least two games a year in Britain, he said. Aside from London, Manchester and Glasgow, Scotland, are being looked at as potential venues.

The league is considering expanding the regular season to 17 or 18 games, with a possibility for every team to play one game abroad. Patriots owner Robert Kraft said if the league wants more of the current franchises to travel internationally for games, the regular season should be extended so that teams can keep the same number of home games. The Bucs are giving up a home game this season.

"I'm not sure our fans would appreciate us giving up a regular-season [home] game, and I know I wouldn't like to do that. But eventually I think there's a chance of that if we expand the schedule," Kraft said.

A London expansion team :bleeding:

Syt

They should just make an NFL branch over here in Europe. They could call it, dunno ... NFL Europe?
—Stephen Jay Gould

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 24, 2009, 06:11:46 AM
Quote from: ulmont on October 23, 2009, 01:55:16 PM

They held exhibition games in the UK even before NFL Europe, going back to the '80s.  But, looks like it's not going anywhere.

Quotecommissioner Roger Goodell expects the league to start playing multiple regular-season games in Britain in the next few years - an expansion that could lead to putting a franchise in London.

Goodell said Friday that "every indicator" shows the British market can support more games and that having a franchise there is of "tremendous interest" to the league. But he stopped short of giving a timeline for expanding the NFL's overseas presence.

"The interest and the enthusiasm for our game continues to grow, and we want to feed that," Goodell said. "We want to respond to that by hopefully bringing more to the UK."

Goodell spoke at a sports conference Friday ahead of Sunday's game between the New England Patriots and Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Wembley Stadium. It's the third year in a row the NFL is staging a regular-season game in London, and the league is now looking into playing at least two games a year in Britain, he said. Aside from London, Manchester and Glasgow, Scotland, are being looked at as potential venues.

The league is considering expanding the regular season to 17 or 18 games, with a possibility for every team to play one game abroad. Patriots owner Robert Kraft said if the league wants more of the current franchises to travel internationally for games, the regular season should be extended so that teams can keep the same number of home games. The Bucs are giving up a home game this season.

"I'm not sure our fans would appreciate us giving up a regular-season [home] game, and I know I wouldn't like to do that. But eventually I think there's a chance of that if we expand the schedule," Kraft said.

A London expansion team :bleeding:

Move the Rams there. Or the Raiders, or Lions.
Or all three.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Neil

Actually, moving the Lions would be a great idea.  Detroit is a terrible place anyways, and they'd be the Lions of Albion.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

JacobL

QuoteA rainy day in London may lead to a long Sunday for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The Bucs were supposed to practice at Wembley Stadium on Saturday afternoon, but the session has been canceled due to inclement weather. Rick Stroud of the St. Petersburg Times believes the team will have a walkthrough at their hotel, but the Bucs are going to be heading into this week's game with limited preparation.

:face: :bleeding: :hide:

Syt

Is that much different from how they usually play?
—Stephen Jay Gould