Windows 7 as good as Vista (M$)

Started by viper37, October 21, 2009, 12:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=4180

Actually, Ballmer says that if Vista wasn't good, it's because beta testers didn't report the flaws in Vista.  And he says Windows 7 has as much good comments from the beta testers than Vista had.

That's scary :D

I should get my copy sometime next week, btw.  I'll tell you more once it's installed.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Caliga

I don't understand the level of hatred for Vista, really.  I mean, UAC is annoying as fuck, as is Superfetch, but both are easy to turn off.  I guess I would say they should not have been enabled by default.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadBurgerMaker

Vista is good, so if 7 is good too, then...alright.

Edit:  And people are really weird about UAC, I've noticed.  I don't know what you're using your computer for Cal, like if you're using various work programs that require elevations, etcetcetc, but for most people, UAC shouldn't be popping up very much at all when you're just doing "normal" type things.  Really makes me wonder about what the fuck these people are doing when they're "only trying to surf the net or play a game," and they're saying UAC is freaking the fuck out.  Probably just something that goes along with my job, and is probably why I want to burn the goddamn building down a half hour into the day, but whatever.

Edit2:  And whenever some dickhead breaks their goddamn Mac (or the piece of shit takes a dump on it's own), then wants me to fix the thing, it makes me want to kill myself.  Just works, my ass.

I'm just going to keep editing in whiny bitchiness here, so I don't shit up some other forum, or some other thread on this forum.   :P

viper37

Quote from: Caliga on October 21, 2009, 12:47:22 PM
I don't understand the level of hatred for Vista, really.  I mean, UAC is annoying as fuck, as is Superfetch, but both are easy to turn off.  I guess I would say they should not have been enabled by default.
I do not hate Vista.
I did not like, nearly hated Vista on release, for nearly a year, until they released SP#1, and until we had sufficient Vista drivers out there.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Berkut

Quote from: Barrister on October 21, 2009, 01:11:34 PM
I hate Vista.

I don't hate XP.

Yeah, but that is only because of those Mac vs. PC commercials.

Drink some more kool-aid.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on October 21, 2009, 01:24:46 PM
Yeah, but that is only because of those Mac vs. PC commercials.

Drink some more kool-aid.

Give me some credit Berk.  We have 3 computers in the Barrister house - one dual-booting OS X and XP, one with Vista, another with XP.  I've used them all, and have always been dissatisfied with Vista.  It's part of why I went Mac in the first place.

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on October 21, 2009, 01:28:19 PM
  It's part of why I went Mac in the first place.
No it's not.  We all know you went Mac because you have a Brokeback Mountain fantasy crush on that hipster fag in the commercials.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on October 21, 2009, 01:30:45 PM
No it's not.  We all know you went Mac because you have a Brokeback Mountain fantasy crush on that hipster fag in the commercials.

:huh:

The best part of those commercials (which I do like) is the guy that plays the PC.  He gets all the good lines.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on October 21, 2009, 01:30:45 PM

I watch Dodgeball every now and then to watch him take a dodgeball to the nuts.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

I like Vista. have been using it since it came out. It's not without its quarks (like putting game saves in bizarre places), but all in all it works fine and I'm in no rush to get $even.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

DontSayBanana

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 21, 2009, 01:02:43 PM
Vista is good, so if 7 is good too, then...alright.

Edit:  And people are really weird about UAC, I've noticed.  I don't know what you're using your computer for Cal, like if you're using various work programs that require elevations, etcetcetc, but for most people, UAC shouldn't be popping up very much at all when you're just doing "normal" type things.  Really makes me wonder about what the fuck these people are doing when they're "only trying to surf the net or play a game," and they're saying UAC is freaking the fuck out.  Probably just something that goes along with my job, and is probably why I want to burn the goddamn building down a half hour into the day, but whatever.

Edit2:  And whenever some dickhead breaks their goddamn Mac (or the piece of shit takes a dump on it's own), then wants me to fix the thing, it makes me want to kill myself.  Just works, my ass.

I'm just going to keep editing in whiny bitchiness here, so I don't shit up some other forum, or some other thread on this forum.   :P

For me, elevation is necessary for control panel and command-line operations (pretty infrequently), copying files into Program Files (pretty frequently- I could write a script to do it, but that'd have to be elevated as well, so there's no point), and also for using Inkscape (the pasting method they implemented requires administrator access or it crashes for some reason).
Experience bij!

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 21, 2009, 01:34:25 PM
I watch Dodgeball every now and then to watch him take a dodgeball to the nuts.

Even better, he gets kneecapped in the latest Die Hard movie.  I thought it was a horrible movie up to that point, but seeing him take a bullet in the knee was worth 2 stars in & of itself.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Perhaps Zindows 7 *is* as good as Vista.

QuoteWill Your Phone Work with Windows 7?

Windows 7's Device Stage promises a great mobile syncing experience, but we found it to be a total failure. Here's what you need to know.

9Comments
by Jamie Lendino

Buzz up!on Yahoo!
Windows 7 is shaping up to be a huge leap over Vista, but it doesn't do much for smartphone owners yet. In theory, Windows 7's Device Stage is supposed to look nicer than Windows Mobile Device Center, sync more data types, and support many different phone platforms.

That would be great, if it worked. But for now, almost no mobile vendors are supporting Device Stage. Not even Microsoft! To test Device Stage, I hooked up 13 different cell phones to a Lenovo ThinkPad T400s running the retail version of Windows 7. I tested representative devices from all major smartphone OSes and included several Windows Mobile 6.1 and 6.5 smartphones for good measure.

Exactly zero worked with Device Stage.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2354491,00.asp

Neil

Smartphone owners should be purged.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.