News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Brewing Beer

Started by Scipio, October 17, 2009, 08:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

:cool:

The last time I brewed cider I accidentally produced a gallon more than I intended to (and had bottle space for).  So I drank a gallon of cider while and after bottling.  That was a fun Sunday afternoon.  :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Monoriu

I am continually amazed at the things languishites do.  Home-brewing is so...Martian to me. 

HisMajestyBOB

My dad's big into homebrewing. It generally comes out pretty good, even if his tastes in beer tend to differ from mine. He also brewed some mead, which unfortunately I haven't had a chance to sample yet. I keep trying to get him to mail me some.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

merithyn

Quote from: citizen k on November 05, 2009, 04:46:04 AM

This pic made me giggle. The spiced cranberry mead I made has about 1.5" of sediment at the bottom of it, the most I've ever seen in one of my meads. I've a feeling that it's going to be very potent. :ph34r:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Caliga

It's called 'slurry'. :smarty:

You can always save it and make Marmite out of it. :smoke:

merithyn

Ooo... I like marmite, but I'm not sure I could do that. Whenever I see it, all I can think is: Oh, look at all that yeast poop!
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Caliga

Quote from: merithyn on November 05, 2009, 06:49:21 AM
Ooo... I like marmite, but I'm not sure I could do that. Whenever I see it, all I can think is: Oh, look at all that yeast poop!
Well, they must do something to make marmite taste like marmite.  I've tasted yeast slurry and I wouldn't exactly call it appetizing.

Scipio

Tonight, I'm going to attend a tasting of a cask-conditioned ale brewed in Mississippi.  It's a benefit for http://raiseyourpints.com/ .  Go, beer advocacy!
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Caliga

Quote from: Scipio on November 05, 2009, 07:07:39 AM
Tonight, I'm going to attend a tasting of a cask-conditioned ale brewed in Mississippi.  It's a benefit for http://raiseyourpints.com/ .  Go, beer advocacy!
Hey, you're lucky you don't live like 50 miles or so to the east.  Did you know homebrewing is actually illegal in Alabama?