NYC neighbor sues Madonna over loud music, dancing

Started by garbon, October 17, 2009, 12:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Shocking!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091017/ap_on_en_mu/us_madonna_irritated_neighbor

QuoteOne of Madonna's New York neighbors says the superstar's loud music and frequent dance sessions are causing a commotion.

Karen George, of Manhattan, lives above Madonna in a building on Central Park.

She said in a lawsuit filed Friday against the building's co-op board that the Material Girl is using her apartment as a rehearsal studio, forcing neighbors to endure "blaring music, stomping and shaking walls," for up to three hours each day.

George complained about "unreasonably high-decibel, amplified music" and vibrations pouring through walls, ceilings and radiators.

The building's board says it has already threatened to evict Madonna.

Madonna's representatives didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Slargos

Celebrity thinks she is above the law. Film at 11.

The Brain

I used to live above a famous recording artist. No problems.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Maximus

Valmy

You would think somebody as rich as Madonna could afford an actual studio....but then this is Manhattan so maybe she spent all her fortune just to buy that one apartment.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

She may be above the law, but even she can't take on the awesome power of a Manhattan co-op board and emerge unscathed.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson