News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

CdM moving to Canada eh?

Started by katmai, October 15, 2009, 04:22:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 15, 2009, 11:02:13 AM
Sometimes I think when my current enlistment is up, of going back to Seattle and being a cop.

You're overqualified.  Pick another profession.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 15, 2009, 12:09:23 PM
Sometimes I think when my current enlistment is up, of going back to Seattle and being a cop.

What's wrong with becoming a Seattle cop?

I tried to urge by brother into joining the police.  It's a very well paid job, nice benefits, and you can retire pretty early.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Sounds like a 1970s TV show in the making. Take Siegy as your sidekick.
██████
██████
██████

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Tyr on October 15, 2009, 12:48:27 PM
Sounds like a 1970s TV show in the making. Take Siegy as your sidekick.

:lmfao: Ton would be spending all his time keeping Siegy from "searching" all the suspicious looking middle school girls with their Hannah Montana backpacks.
:p

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on October 15, 2009, 11:08:10 AM
EPS also has/had one of the highest rates of complaints of excessive force by its members in western Canada.
I don't blame them.  There are all sorts of people in this town who are going to be executed at some point.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on October 15, 2009, 12:38:08 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 15, 2009, 12:09:23 PM

What's wrong with becoming a Seattle cop?

Nothing.  Except in Tonitrus' case, I feel he is more qualified for something else other than human kitty litter scoop.

QuoteI tried to urge by brother into joining the police.  It's a very well paid job, nice benefits, and you can retire pretty early.

Then that begs the question: why didn't you do it then?
Yeah, I thought so.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 15, 2009, 01:57:36 PM
I tried to urge by brother into joining the police.  It's a very well paid job, nice benefits, and you can retire pretty early.

Yeah, I thought so.

Because I have a job that also has nice benefits, pays even better, and doesn't involve being called out in the middle of the night.

But it also requires a law degree, something that Tonitrus (and my brother) don't have.

Malthus

What I want is the "job" I once saw a couple of cops having - riding horses through lakeshore park on a perfect spring day.  :D

Beats the crackhouse shift, that's for sure.   
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Malthus on October 15, 2009, 02:23:08 PM
What I want is the "job" I once saw a couple of cops having - riding horses through lakeshore park on a perfect spring day.  :D

You know they also have to ride through lakeshore park when it's raining or snowing.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on October 15, 2009, 02:21:19 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 15, 2009, 01:57:36 PM

Yeah, I thought so.

Because I have a job that also has nice benefits, pays even better, and doesn't involve being called out in the middle of the night.

But it also requires a law degree, something that Tonitrus (and my brother) don't have.

Sorry, but your veiled "well, the world needs ditch diggers, too" attitude doesn't fly with me, you elitist fuck.

Malthus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 15, 2009, 02:27:53 PM
Quote from: Malthus on October 15, 2009, 02:23:08 PM

You know they also have to ride through lakeshore park when it's raining or snowing.

Still beats the crackhouse shift.

Also, I must say I've never actually seen the horse cops out in bad weather (I spotted them on the drive in from work. Nice weather = horse cops. Bad weather = no horse cops).

I suspect the purpose is not to patrol the park, but to exercise the horses, used for riot control. The park is pretty well totally safe.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Malthus on October 15, 2009, 02:30:58 PM
Nice weather = horse cops. Bad weather = no horse cops

Horses don't do well on iced-over pavement.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 15, 2009, 02:29:53 PM
Sorry, but your veiled "well, the world needs ditch diggers, too" attitude doesn't fly with me, you elitist fuck.

But the world doesn't need ditch-diggers.  We have backhoes for digging ditches.  :contract:

But we do need cops.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on October 15, 2009, 02:42:36 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 15, 2009, 02:29:53 PM

But the world doesn't need ditch-diggers.  We have backhoes for digging ditches.  :contract:

But we do need cops.

Tonitrus is overqualified, since he can walk and chew gum.  Now the mutt whose family you married into, I don't know.