Jean Sarkozy, or how nepotism has never really gone out of style

Started by The Larch, October 14, 2009, 06:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on October 14, 2009, 12:06:59 PM
Meh, France needs a monarchy again.
Agreed, and since France had so much luck with an Italian monarch last time, this time around I nominate Silvio.  He can play hide and seek with Kaiserin Angela I in Versailles.  :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on October 14, 2009, 12:12:26 PM
Agreed, and since France had so much luck with an Italian monarch last time, this time around I nominate Silvio.  He can play hide and seek with Kaiserin Angela I in Versailles.  :)

:bleeding: Your anti-French jokes are groan worthy.

But I guess that is your intent :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on October 14, 2009, 12:25:10 PM

Yeah that will solve Nepotism!

It's funny because France actually has one of the most "aristocratic" society of all European countries. Their entire social power structure is the so-called satellite/planetary system which is extremely aristocratic for a country supposedly at the forefront of "egalite fraternite liberte".

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on October 14, 2009, 12:45:03 PM
It's funny because France actually has one of the most "aristocratic" society of all European countries. Their entire social power structure is the so-called satellite/planetary system which is extremely aristocratic for a country supposedly at the forefront of "egalite fraternite liberte".

I take it Sarko is descended from Hungarian Jewish Dukes or something then?

I know they have the inbreeding elite of the Grandes Ecoles but we sorta have the same thing going on with the Ivy League.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on October 14, 2009, 12:55:02 PM
Quote from: Martinus on October 14, 2009, 12:45:03 PM

I take it Sarko is descended from Hungarian Jewish Dukes or something then?

I know they have the inbreeding elite of the Grandes Ecoles but we sorta have the same thing going on with the Ivy League.

I think it's different though. As far as I understand, in France people just fall into place with this stuff. At least as far as my cultural awareness tutor is to be believed. :P

The Brain

Trators are traitors. They betrayed their King. They will get no peace, in this world or the next.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on October 14, 2009, 01:18:44 PM
Trators are traitors. They betrayed their King. They will get no peace, in this world or the next.

Aren't trators like fish restaurant owners?

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on October 14, 2009, 03:06:41 PM

Aren't trators like fish restaurant owners?

You are a petty and quasi-gay man.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on October 14, 2009, 01:08:55 PM
I think it's different though. As far as I understand, in France people just fall into place with this stuff. At least as far as my cultural awareness tutor is to be believed. :P

Maybe, but one of my good friends is a Ecole des Mines de Paris grad and his father was one of the Executives at Schlumberger.  All he got was an internship at their office here in Austin and now he is a software engineer here and doing ok but hardly running any Parisian business districts.  I would think if I was a MIT grad and my father was an executive at a huge multi-national I could do better than that but then I have a sample size of: 1.

The Minsky Moment

It's just La Defense.  A reasonably competent 23 year old is probably over-qualified.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Duque de Bragança

Mort aux tyrans
as would say Bernadotte  :D