Jean Sarkozy, or how nepotism has never really gone out of style

Started by The Larch, October 14, 2009, 06:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Grallon on October 14, 2009, 08:05:08 AM
Outrageous.  There are millions of youth unable to find jobs after their studies and this bitch gets a superior executive position for being the 'son of'.  <_<

I agree-- this is shocking & totally unprecedented.  And it only happens on the right :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

Quote from: derspiess on October 14, 2009, 09:29:33 AM
Quote from: Grallon on October 14, 2009, 08:05:08 AM
Outrageous.  There are millions of youth unable to find jobs after their studies and this bitch gets a superior executive position for being the 'son of'.  <_<

I agree-- this is shocking & totally unprecedented.  And it only happens on the right :lol:

you realise of course that Sarkozy is a right-wing politician, right?

derspiess

Quote from: Martinus on October 14, 2009, 09:33:07 AM
you realise of course that Sarkozy is a right-wing politician, right?

Yes.  What's your point?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grallon

Quote from: Martinus on October 14, 2009, 09:09:59 AM
His son is actually kinda cute.

Both sons are quite cute but that's not the point.

To think there are people actually supporting this move on the grounds that he's now mature enough for the job.

This stinks of 'Ancient Régime'

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: Grallon on October 14, 2009, 10:22:15 AM
To think there are people actually supporting this move on the grounds that he's now mature enough for the job.

Oh, the irony :lol:

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on October 14, 2009, 11:08:14 AM
Quote from: Grallon on October 14, 2009, 10:22:15 AM

Indeed. I bet he reads your comment and thinks "WTF is he TALKING about????? :ultra:"
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

MadImmortalMan

He looks like somebody hit him in the face with a board. Is his upper lip naturally like that or does he get collagen?

In other nepotism news: Harry Reid's son is running for governor here.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grallon

Quote from: derspiess on October 14, 2009, 11:08:14 AM

Don't tell me you compare managing one's wang with managing thousands of employees and bilions of $ in budget.  Even you cannot be that dumb.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

Wow, only 23...they're not even trying to pretend its not nepotism here.
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

Quote from: Grallon on October 14, 2009, 11:49:30 AM
Don't tell me you compare managing one's wang with managing thousands of employees and bilions of $ in budget.  Even you cannot be that dumb.

I was just noting the irony of you using "maturity" as a qualifier for anything, that's all.

Anyway, didn't Napoleon become a general at a similar age?  :P

Martinus