Yuros to me! Free Ryanair flights after BBC stitch-up job.

Started by Brazen, October 14, 2009, 05:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/
Pissed off with Panorama's portrayal, Ryanair are giving away 1.1 million free tickets until midnight tonight!

QuoteRyanair gives away 1.1m FREE seats after BBC Panorama lies

Ryanair, Britain's favourite airline, today (Tue 13th Oct) released 1.1million FREE seats after BBC Panorama screened its 'hatchet job' on Ryanair last evening in which it uncovered – nothing, nada, rien, diddly squat. Ryanair criticised Panorama for its refusal of Ryanair's offer of a live or uncut pre-recorded interview with Michael O'Leary, but this refusal isn't surprising given that Panorama had no real case or valid points which would stand up to interview.

Last night Panorama made 11 false or misleading claims as follows:

1. Panorama featured check in problems at Stansted one weekend in August with no mention of the fact that on the other 32 weekends since web check-in was introduced Ryanair has seen no problems whatsoever at Stansted or the other 150 airports Ryanair operates from.

2. Panorama quoted a "Which" magazine survey which has no basis in reality whatsoever since "Which" continue to nominate British Airways as Britain's favourite airline despite the fact that three times more passengers prefer Ryanair.

3. Panorama claimed that Ryanair charges £5 to all passengers for web check-in but omitted that more than half of Ryanair's passengers avoid this fee by booking Ryanair's promotional fares (which include free web check-in).

4. Panorama interviewed a 'website usability expert', who claimed that ryanair.com was designed to force passengers to buy Ryanair travel insurance. Panorama hid the fact that over 96% of Ryanair passengers decline travel insurance, which clearly confirms that this 'website usability expert' was clueless.

5. Panorama produced a 'Professor of Corporate Reputation' to suggest that 'people feel cheated' by Ryanair – which is clearly false when over 66 million passengers this year will choose to fly Ryanair because they feel cheated by BA's and Easyjet's high fares.

6. Panorama claimed that Ryanair's 25 minute turnaround was a 'record time'. This is false since Southwest Airlines in the US operates a 15 minute turnaround.

7. A Panorama actor claimed that cabin crew would not get a contract if they didn't meet their targets at the end of the day or year. Totally false.

8. Panorama claimed that cabin crew pay £2,000 to train and qualify as cabin crew but conveniently omitted that these payments were not paid to Ryanair.

9. Another Panorama actor claimed Ryanair had 'no respect or dignity for pilots or cabin crew' – this is a false claim put about by the British Airways pilots' union. Respect and dignity in Ryanair come in the form of high pay, rapid promotion and job security – unlike at BA where pilots are facing job cuts and pay cuts.

10. Panorama falsely claimed that no food or drinks are provided to cabin crew without pointing out that each pilot and cabin crew member receives a food allowance on every flight to pay for their own food and drinks.

11. Panorama claimed that "O'Leary is a bully" – this is clearly false when the whole world knows that O'Leary is a kind and gentle, caring and thoughtful, sensitive and saintly human being widely beloved by all Ryanair's 6,500 people and its 66m passengers.

To celebrate the total failure of BBC Panorama's hatchet job, Ryanair has today released 1.1million free seats - 100,000 for each of the 11 above lies or false claims made by Panorama last night.

Ryanair's Michael O'Leary said,

"Last night's programme was more Bananarama than Panorama. The BBC had no case, no facts and no clue. The only benefit it provided to viewers was the 1.1million free seats Ryanair will give away as a result of its false claims.

66 million passengers know that flying Ryanair guarantees the lowest fares, the best punctuality, no check-in queues and the pleasure of joining the Michael O'Leary fan club. Ryanair's 1.1million free seats, for travel in November and December, are now available on www.ryanair.com and we urge passengers to snap them up."  
:lol:

The Larch

That report could have added all the charges of public deception that have been filled by some countries' consumers agencies against Ryanair regarding their promotional prices, and all their screwed up ad campaigns.

Camerus

:lol:  When I used to compile an aviation industry newsletter as part of my old job, I used to love it on days when O'Leary would appear in the news.

Josquius

None of the free ones are relevant to me :(
(not that most ryanair ones ever are).
What are these promotional fares to avoid the web check in? I know nought of this :unsure:

Ryan Air does indeed suck even though Panorama presented this badly.
██████
██████
██████

Brazen

Don't forget all the dirty rumours they start themselves to get in the news. "Ryanair to charge to use the toilet on flights" etc.

I'd love to work for their systems testing department just to get an insight on how the fuck they price their fares.

Alatriste

The day Ryanair falls (and fall it will) and/or O'Leary gets his due (and he will) I will drink a whole bottle of the best champagne I can find.

Regarding love, no one loves Ryanair. Its clients pay and receive less than they pay for, just like with hookers, only worse, and O'Leary is loved only by his Teddy Bear... perhaps; if I were he I would keep an eye on the treasonous stuffed beast.

And I pray those falls don't involve people dying, but I wouldn't count on it.

The Larch

Quote from: Brazen on October 14, 2009, 06:23:02 AMI'd love to work for their systems testing department just to get an insight on how the fuck they price their fares.

What I read is that they basically make bigger bucks transporting stuff for delivery companies, and that passenger tickets is like their pocket change.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Quote from: Brazen on October 14, 2009, 06:23:02 AM
Don't forget all the dirty rumours they start themselves to get in the news. "Ryanair to charge to use the toilet on flights" etc.

I'd love to work for their systems testing department just to get an insight on how the fuck they price their fares.

The best was the standing room only planes :lol:
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on October 14, 2009, 06:06:01 AM
:lol:  When I used to compile an aviation industry newsletter as part of my old job, I used to love it on days when O'Leary would appear in the news.

He is interesting, to say the least.

CountDeMoney

Quick, make him say something stupid about America.  I was free tickets for my "Roots" trip.

The Larch

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 14, 2009, 07:01:00 AM
Quick, make him say something stupid about America.  I was free tickets for my "Roots" trip.

I don't think they do Transatlantic flights. Ask Branson instead.

barkdreg

Thanks to this thread I'll be spending 8 days in Ireland.

garbon

Quote from: The Larch on October 14, 2009, 07:01:52 AM
I don't think they do Transatlantic flights. Ask Branson instead.

Virgin isn't shitty though.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.