News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Shooting a few blocks from our house

Started by merithyn, October 13, 2009, 06:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on October 14, 2009, 12:24:01 PM
There's 100,000 people in the Yukon? wow the more you know.

And 100,000 people in Baltimore...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Do you have a shiny badge and a quick draw, BB?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on October 14, 2009, 12:14:24 PM
Curiously there were 3 murders in my little town recently.  Two were stalking type thing and the other is a guy who  shot a robber in the face.  The other robbers (who fled) are being charged with felony murder.

Wait, they're being charged with murder because their accomplice got himself shot?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

BuddhaRhubarb

Simon should do "The Wire: Yukon" . The first season would focus on a feisty prosecutor who's trying to bring down a ring of Snowmobile thieves who steal your skidoo and pimp it out with lots of bling, try to sell it back to you, for as many bottles of AQ as you can carry.
:p

Barrister

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 14, 2009, 12:31:02 PM
Do you have a shiny badge and a quick draw, BB?

No, but I am an imposing figure in court in my robes.   :bowler:

I was out in one of the smaller communities last week for court.  I was at the hotel, dressed in my suit, and loading my files into the back of the "Crownmobile" (aka our Grand Cherokee).  Some guy takes one look at me and says 'boy you sure don't look like you belong around here'. :lol:

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on October 14, 2009, 12:34:37 PM
No, but I am an imposing figure in court in my robes.   :bowler:
So, what, are stilts a part of your getup when you put the robes on?  :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Savonarola

Quote from: Barrister on October 14, 2009, 12:22:53 PM
I'm sorry to break it to you Seedy, but when you break it down to crime rates per capita, the Yukon Territory has Baltimore beaten handily.

Violent crime rate for Baltimore, Maryland: 1,631 per 100,000
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_cities_by_crime_rate

Violent crime rate for Yukon Territory, Canada: 3,007 per 100,000
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Canada

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Well, duh, Canada's most dastardly criminal lives in the Yukon:

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Barrister

Laugh all you want, but Detroit's violent crime rate is 'only' 2,289 per 100,000.

That's right - Yukon is more violent than the most violent city in America. :yeah:

Savonarola

Quote from: Barrister on October 14, 2009, 01:12:20 PM
Laugh all you want, but Detroit's violent crime rate is 'only' 2,289 per 100,000.

That's right - Yukon is more violent than the most violent city in America. :yeah:

We try so hard.   :(

Why is the Yukon so violent?
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Barrister

Quote from: Savonarola on October 14, 2009, 01:20:39 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 14, 2009, 01:12:20 PM

We try so hard.   :(

Why is the Yukon so violent?

Don't feel bad. :console:

With so many guns your lower rate of violence probably leads to much more serious injuries and death then we have.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister