Euroweenies
2 (5.7%)
Celebrities
4 (11.4%)
All of the Above
10 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Malthus

Quote from: Josephus on October 13, 2009, 01:32:18 PM

Poor Cat. I betcha after the photoshoot, he ate it. :cry:

Pfft. An hour late and a dollar short.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

DGuller

What's with the Harper hate?  I know he's a conservative, but are there other personality flaws that explain it?

Barrister

Quote from: DGuller on October 13, 2009, 01:35:55 PM
What's with the Harper hate?  I know he's a conservative, but are there other personality flaws that explain it?

That's really it.  :huh:

No, seriously.  I've never heard of a major politician with fewer character flaws.  He's kind of dull, not especially charismatic, still with his first wife, speaks good French, etc.  There's nothing to personally dislike about the man other than his politics.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

It's mostly that he's seen as a very unlikable and unsympathetic person.

The general view (and not I think a partisan one) is that he's a reasonably competent PM (in itself a relief compared to some) but a cold fish - he lacks any vestage of the common touch or charisma; in short, people get the impression he a stone cold bastard. Not necessarily a bad thing in a PM, mind.

The ridicule comes from his advisors and publicists' very obvious attempts to turn this around - making him wear a sweater and cuddle a kitten, for example, to make him 'more human". Which work about as much as dressing an alligator in a sweater.

Hence the jokes about him eating the kitten etc. 
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Hate requires a lot of energy. No one I dislike is worthy of that.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on October 13, 2009, 01:44:53 PM
Hate requires a lot of energy. No one I dislike is worthy of that.

Haven't you seen my list?  I think you'll agree they deserve the energy required to hate them. :angry:

DGuller

Quote from: Malthus on October 13, 2009, 01:42:24 PM

It's mostly that he's seen as a very unlikable and unsympathetic person.

The general view (and not I think a partisan one) is that he's a reasonably competent PM (in itself a relief compared to some) but a cold fish - he lacks any vestage of the common touch or charisma; in short, people get the impression he a stone cold bastard. Not necessarily a bad thing in a PM, mind.

The ridicule comes from his advisors and publicists' very obvious attempts to turn this around - making him wear a sweater and cuddle a kitten, for example, to make him 'more human". Which work about as much as dressing an alligator in a sweater.

Hence the jokes about him eating the kitten etc.
I see.  Was it like Al Gore kissing his wife moment?

Malthus

Quote from: DGuller on October 13, 2009, 01:49:40 PM
I see.  Was it like Al Gore kissing his wife moment?

Pretty much, yeah.

Edit: I mean, just look at that pic. Doesn't he just *look* like he's planning evil as soon as the photographers are done?  ;)

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on October 13, 2009, 01:46:48 PM
Haven't you seen my list?  I think you'll agree they deserve the energy required to hate them. :angry:

No where is it? All I saw was you posting someone else's list.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on October 13, 2009, 01:55:04 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 13, 2009, 01:46:48 PM

No where is it? All I saw was you posting someone else's list.

If those enemies are good enough for Nixon, they're good enough for me.  :angry:

Grallon

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 13, 2009, 01:01:03 PM
Oh, I have one.

The Blue Collars Union of Montreal.

All of them should hang  <_<

Hmmm... Arab Muslims obviously.  Greedy capitalist bastards as well.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Eddie Teach

This thread would be more interesting if it was about other posters.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 13, 2009, 02:01:09 PM
This thread would be more interesting if it was about other posters.
Clear the air!

Grey Fox

I was just trolling BB.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.