News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week V

Started by CountDeMoney, October 08, 2009, 05:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 12, 2009, 06:38:11 PM
Free agent wide receivers David Tyree and Ronald Curry tried out for the Ravens Monday. ...
Curry had some great potential, just never fully realized as a Raider.  He's made some amazing catches in his time.  Injuries and disagreements with Al and friends killed him though.  He also used to be a qb in college, so he's got that aspect going for him as well.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

derspiess

Quote from: katmai on October 13, 2009, 01:28:42 AM
see we can assimilate!

He is 3rd generation mex-am like myself :p

I've got you on my "dissimilation" watch list :contract:

Anywho, I loved the delicious irony of all the hoopla about there being a "hispanic" QB who might not know enough Spanish to order at Taco Bell.  But at least he said his brother "speaks a little" Spanish :)

If I were Hispandex, I'd find the "NFLatino" outreach thing a bit patronizing.

Just realized I used "delicious" in the same sentence as "Taco Bell".  Sorry, everyone :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

PDH

see we can assimilate!

What is it, like 85% of third generation speak no real amount of Spanish unless they take it in school?

And he should pronounce his name "Sain-cheez" for added flavor.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Strix

I guess the only thing worse than losing to the Bungles on the road is losing to them at home.

I'd talk more shit but Karma is a bitch.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

derspiess

Quote from: Strix on October 13, 2009, 10:32:09 AM
I guess the only thing worse than losing to the Bungles on the road is losing to them at home.

Both of your teams are behind the Bungles in the standings, so yeah, you might want to halt the shit-talking :P
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Strix

Quote from: derspiess on October 13, 2009, 11:12:14 AM

Both of your teams are behind the Bungles in the standings, so yeah, you might want to halt the shit-talking :P

The Steelers aren't scared of the Bungles. It will only take another Palmer "Knee Roll" to end their season.  :menace:
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Barrister

Quote from: Strix on October 13, 2009, 01:08:41 PM
Quote from: derspiess on October 13, 2009, 11:12:14 AM

The Steelers aren't scared of the Bungles. It will only take another Palmer "Knee Roll" to end their season.  :menace:

Karma, dude.  :contract:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Vince

Ironically the Jets offense does well this week and the defense can't do shit to stop the Wildcat.  Which is frustrating since Rex Ryan shut it down twice last year.

Still 3-2 is a hell of alot better than I thought the Jets would be at this point.  Now 4 games against sub-500 teams lets see if they can do well on the easy part of their schedule.

Valmy

With the mighty Cedric Benson the Bungles shall destroy all!

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Quote from: PDH on October 13, 2009, 10:25:39 AM
see we can assimilate!

What is it, like 85% of third generation speak no real amount of Spanish unless they take it in school?

And he should pronounce his name "Sain-cheez" for added flavor.

sounds about right, of my cousins I think the ratio of us that speak Spanish fluently is 3/11 and those three do on their fathers side they are 1st generation born here in USA( my uncle in law was born in Mexico)
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

sbr

Quote from: Valmy on October 13, 2009, 01:45:32 PM
With the mighty Cedric Benson the Bungles shall destroy all!

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_arcade/post/Sunday-Scene-Week-5-Denver-please-throw-em-b;_ylt=AliBYg.awP_JTq1Z9tYVxiO5bZ8u?urn=fantasy,195226

This amused me

Quote• Baltimore's defense had not allowed a 100-yard rushing performance since 2006, but Cedric Benson(notes) put an end to the streak on Sunday. He carried 27 times for 120 yards and a TD. The touchdown was of the highest quality, too. Benson spun away from a tackle behind the line of scrimmage – something he demonstrated no ability to do in Chicago – then sprinted 28 yards to the end zone. Yes, sprinted, outracing live NFL defensive backs.

Honestly, if given a chance, I would have borrowed money to bet against Benson hitting triple-digits on Sunday. But he's now rushed for at least 74 yards in every game this season. His line is blocking, he's absolutely delivering.

I'm not sure that I even care to manage fantasy teams in a world where Benson is an every-week starter. This really should have been my sabbatical year. No mas, Cedric. You've made your point, sir. Just wish you could have made it in 2007.

derspiess

:lol:  Benson is getting some really good blocking.  The Bungles O-line has surprised me almost as much as the defense this year.

CountDeMoney

This is, what's really driving Cincy is a 100% Carson Palmer.  And that concerns me.