Anti-h1n1 vaccine fear-mongering runs amok in Canada

Started by Drakken, October 07, 2009, 10:22:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agelastus

Quote from: garbon on October 09, 2009, 01:24:01 PM
Quote from: Agelastus on October 09, 2009, 01:21:15 PM
I believe that is all the answer I need to give. :P

Although I could invent something along the lines of "caffeine in coffee" being natural, blah, blah, blah, but it would be a lie.

I take aspirin for fun/convenience...after all, it is hard to have fun when one's head is pounding. :huh:

Are you referring to "morning afters" here? I always used to consider them the price one had to pay for the previous evening...not that I've had to endure one in years, unfortunately.  :(
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

garbon

Quote from: Agelastus on October 09, 2009, 01:38:42 PM
Are you referring to "morning afters" here? I always used to consider them the price one had to pay for the previous evening...not that I've had to endure one in years, unfortunately.  :(

Umm...no. I was just talking about an everyday headache.  Seems weird that you are willing to pump something so toxic into your body like alcohol for fun...but you don't want to take aspirin (for the convenience of ridding yourself of headaches) or flu vaccines (preventive health) on the basis of some quasi-natural my body should be able to take care of illness notion.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Agelastus

Quote from: garbon on October 09, 2009, 01:42:32 PM
Quote from: Agelastus on October 09, 2009, 01:38:42 PM

Umm...no. I was just talking about an everyday headache.  Seems weird that you are willing to pump something so toxic into your body like alcohol for fun...but you don't want to take aspirin (for the convenience of ridding yourself of headaches) or flu vaccines (preventive health) on the basis of some quasi-natural my body should be able to take care of illness notion.

:huh:

I have never had a headache bad enough to justify the use of drugs, in my opinion; if I ever did, I'd probably be off to the doctors, as it would be one severe enough to prevent me from conducting my day normally. I actually find it quite pathetic that somebody would take a drug for every little twinge; I guess then that our philosophies are just too different on this issue.

Point of fact, I actually have a headache now.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

garbon

Quote from: Agelastus on October 09, 2009, 01:47:33 PM
:huh:

I have never had a headache bad enough to justify the use of drugs, in my opinion; if I ever did, I'd probably be off to the doctors, as it would be one severe enough to prevent me from conducting my day normally. I actually find it quite pathetic that somebody would take a drug for every little twinge; I guess then that our philosophies are just too different on this issue.

Point of fact, I actually have a headache now.

But that's just the point. You won't take drugs for "little twinges" but you will take drugs just for fun. That is so inconsistent.

What's the harm in taking aspirin?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Agelastus

Quote from: garbon on October 09, 2009, 01:50:08 PM
But that's just the point. You won't take drugs for "little twinges" but you will take drugs just for fun. That is so inconsistent.

What's the harm in taking aspirin?

No (or at least, not much) harm for people who choose to take it. I simply choose to allow nature to take its course for something as trivial as an aspirin-treatable headache.

I have no inherent aversion to modern medicine. Should I have an abcess (which I have had at least twice) I quite happily take the one week course of anti-biotics, for example. But that level of pain is quite different to that from something like a non-migraine headache.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

garbon

Quote from: Agelastus on October 09, 2009, 02:09:09 PM
No (or at least, not much) harm for people who choose to take it. I simply choose to allow nature to take its course for something as trivial as an aspirin-treatable headache.

Consuming that alcohol isn't letting nature take its course. :P

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on October 09, 2009, 02:37:42 PM

Yes it is.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Agelastus

Quote from: Malthus on October 09, 2009, 02:39:17 PM

I agree with Malthus here.

Although I'm beginning to suspect that my body can no longer handle one of the chemicals in Port. As this was the first alcoholic drink I ever had, this makes me very sad.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Malthus

Quote from: Agelastus on October 09, 2009, 02:46:38 PM
Quote from: Malthus on October 09, 2009, 02:39:17 PM

I agree with Malthus here.

Although I'm beginning to suspect that my body can no longer handle one of the chemicals in Port. As this was the first alcoholic drink I ever had, this makes me very sad.

Not so fast: in my case, 'nature takes its course' when I pop a couple of asprin the morning after guzzling too much Port, as well.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Sahib

Subject: ALERT ALERT! Navy soliders DYING after swine flu injections!

Date: 9/26/2009 1:11:39 AM
Subject: Quarantined Navy ship - Captain And Chief Petty Officer dead

This information is considered Classified. This story has gotten out from
Navy Wives out of San Diego that had brief communications from their
husbands. All personnel and military dependents are now silenced!!!!

On 1 ship, 347 onboard had all been given the H1N1 vaccine. 2 are now
confirmed DEAD, the Captain of the ship and a Chief Petty Officer are
dead!!!!!. Only 14 were not seriously effected, the rest had fought fevers
of 104 - 105 degrees for 5 - 6 days. Many are in very serious condition
and another naval ship was dispatched with 16 Medical Drs that went on
board. This first ship was in quarantine for 21 days off the coast of
Spain and has now recently returned to San Diego still under partial
quarantine. 3 other ships are going through the same situation and are all
under quarantine. They have all been determined to have gotten the Swine
Flu FROM THE VACCINE!!!

Here is a radio report done that had been contacted by the Naval wives.
This story will not see the light of day on mainstream media. So.....BLAST
THIS
STORY!..!..!..!..!..!..!..!..!..!..!..!..!..!..!.. !..!..!..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Myself and others predicted this scenario a long time ago. Their EVIL
DEPOPULATION plan is in full swing! Do the right thing...get this story
out. The seasonal flu shot ALSO contains H1N! and H3N2 and one other
deadly flu. DO NOT TAKE ANY VACCINE. NONE.....NONE...NONE.
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Neil

:lol:

You know, I would love for there to be a depopulation plan.  However, rather than depopulating the dregs of the West, we should start with Asia, Africa, South America and Eastern Europe.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on October 09, 2009, 03:22:01 PM
:lol:

You know, I would love for there to be a depopulation plan.  However, rather than depopulating the dregs of the West, we should start with Asia, Africa, South America and Eastern Europe.

I think Russia has one.  It's seems to be working quite well.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Looks like everybody in my family has to get it. So if I stop posting, teh h1n1 gots me.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive