Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

I haven't seen much about it yet, but it is a Bioware product, so...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

I have been eagerly following this game for months.  It is going to be awesome and I am actually counting down the days. :blush:

It is Baldur's Gate for the next generation.

After strings of games that were merely 'pretty good' I think Bioware has hit the target with this one.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on October 06, 2009, 08:46:29 AM
After strings of games that were merely 'pretty good' I think Bioware has hit the target with this one.
:huh: Wasn't Mass Effect a Bioware product?  ME was definitely better than "merely 'pretty good'". :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Winkelried

ME is a Bioware product and I agree that it's better than just "pretty good".

I considered preordering Dragon Age but the official site does more to convince me not to than to encourage me. I hope I'm wrong.

Habbaku

I am looking forward to it, but fully expect it to not satisfy my RPG desires.  Mass Effect just wasn't the greatness that others hyped it up to be, even if it was fun.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Caliga

Also, Jade Empire was definitely better than 'pretty good'.  The "evil" ending was the most satisfying CRPG ending ever.  :menace:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

viper37

I'm looking forward to it, but I won't buy it on release :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: Winkelried on October 06, 2009, 11:01:07 AM
I considered preordering Dragon Age but the official site does more to convince me not to than to encourage me. I hope I'm wrong.

You are.  But go ahead and wait for the positive reviews if you need to be convinced.

Neil

It was fun, and they've made some major improvements to it, but the first rule is that I can't talk about it.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Neil on October 06, 2009, 01:05:53 PM
It was fun, and they've made some major improvements to it, but the first rule is that I can't talk about it.

I forgot they were a bunch of dentists from Edmonton.

Winkelried

Quote from: Neil on October 06, 2009, 01:05:53 PM

Major improvements, huh? When developers say things like that I always wonder if I should be happy that the end product will be better or worried because it needed major improvements to begin with.

Syt

I'd look forward to it, provided my computer returns to life.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DisturbedPervert

I was looking forward to it until I saw the trailers.  Now I'll consider getting it after player reviews stating that it doesn't suck ass.