Obama to take on military gay ban at `right time'

Started by garbon, October 04, 2009, 11:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: DontSayBanana on October 12, 2009, 09:39:24 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on October 12, 2009, 09:37:02 PM
This seems completely reasonable... whatever the law is in peacetime, the US is  knee deep in two wars that aren't ending anytime soon. turning away anyone (let alone all your translators) who is physically capable is beyond stupid unless you reinstate the draft.

That's part of the problem; the bureaucracy surrounding military regulation doesn't really do "reasonable."

oh yeah I'm (an army brat) aware. That's why the term SNAFU comes directly from said military.
:p

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Martinus on October 12, 2009, 04:11:01 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 12, 2009, 12:33:56 AM
Lol, really?  :lol:

Wow, that's low.
Not really. I have a medical condition. Either way we abolished draft last year, and spending 9 months in dirt- and lice-ridden barracks with social rejects wasn't my idea of a good time.
If you had a medical condition why did you need to bribe the doctor?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 13, 2009, 12:11:53 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 12, 2009, 04:11:01 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 12, 2009, 12:33:56 AM
Lol, really?  :lol:

Wow, that's low.
Not really. I have a medical condition. Either way we abolished draft last year, and spending 9 months in dirt- and lice-ridden barracks with social rejects wasn't my idea of a good time.
If you had a medical condition why did you need to bribe the doctor?

Can you fucking read?