Stephen Fry Laughs while Cameraman is Raped by Rare Parrot

Started by Queequeg, October 04, 2009, 11:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Agelastus on October 04, 2009, 05:36:47 PM
Could you at least spell it right? It's Ianto Jones.

I spelled it right, oh great Retardo. Janto is a term used to describe the Jack/Ianto power couple. Like Brangelina.  :rolleyes:

Agelastus

Quote from: Martinus on October 04, 2009, 05:38:08 PM

I spelled it right, oh great Retardo. Janto is a term used to describe the Jack/Ianto power couple. Like Brangelina.  :rolleyes:

:lmfao:

Christ, I thought better of you. "Janto" may be the lamest example yet.

Just because it is a way retarded native* speakers who cannot be bothered to use correct English say it, does not make it right. :contract:

*ie. Britons, Australians etc.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Martinus on October 04, 2009, 04:19:28 PM
Quote from: Viking on October 04, 2009, 12:53:38 PM
I'm baffled, no gay jokes yet? WTF?

It's hard to make a gay joke about a jovial elderly gay dude laughing his ass off at a parrot rape. It's like trying to write Torchwood slash fiction - no matter what you'd come up with, it would be somehow inferior to the original material. :P

:yeahright:  52?
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Martinus

Quote from: Agelastus on October 04, 2009, 05:42:52 PM

Just because it is a way retarded native speakers who cannot be bothered to use correct English say it, does not make it right. :contract:

Dude, I'm serious. I was talking about a couple in my post and that's why I spelled it "Janto". I know that Ianto Jones's name is spelled with an "I".

Check afterelton.com's section on Torchwood if you don't believe me.

Martinus

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on October 04, 2009, 05:44:31 PM
Quote from: Martinus on October 04, 2009, 04:19:28 PM

It's hard to make a gay joke about a jovial elderly gay dude laughing his ass off at a parrot rape. It's like trying to write Torchwood slash fiction - no matter what you'd come up with, it would be somehow inferior to the original material. :P

:yeahright:  52?

That's 104 in fag years.

Queequeg

Quote from: Agelastus on October 04, 2009, 12:43:38 PM
I think we now know why this parrot is a representative of a rare species.  :lol:
This was exactly what I was thinking.  It reminds me a bit of the Screaapiller on the Simpsons, that is "sexually attracted to fire."  I guess he was wearing a green sweater and wriggling, but still...
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Valmy

Stephen Fry is the super smart upper class English dude.  Being gay is just one small aspect of him.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on October 04, 2009, 07:40:41 PM
Stephen Fry is the super smart upper class English dude.  Being gay is just one small aspect of him.

True.
He's quite a good icon in that really.
Not like Graham Norton or the like where all their humour is about being gay and its 'their thing', Fry's being gay is just a miscelanious background fact about him.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Do you go to the Torchwood fan boards and start threads about who you would "ship?"  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 04, 2009, 09:09:30 PM

Do you go to the Torchwood fan boards and start threads about who you would "ship?"  :lol:

No. :ph34r:

Not lately, anyway.  :P

Agelastus

Quote from: Martinus on October 04, 2009, 05:45:07 PM
Quote from: Agelastus on October 04, 2009, 05:42:52 PM

Just because it is a way retarded native speakers who cannot be bothered to use correct English say it, does not make it right. :contract:

Dude, I'm serious. I was talking about a couple in my post and that's why I spelled it "Janto". I know that Ianto Jones's name is spelled with an "I".

Given the top results on google for "Janto", I know you are serious. I checked that even as I posted the above. I was disappointed that you were following the trend.

The fact that it is used does not make it any less stupid or lazy a linguistic invention of my peers - especially as, in this case, this contraction is also a real name in certain countries. I'm sure those people love having their name used as a term for a couple in a fictional gay relationship.

Sometimes, my fellow native English speakers make me want to  :hide: in  :Embarrass: ment.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Agelastus

Actually, let me clarify my last post a little.

When the contraction of two names to indicate an individual-like concatenation of interests was first formed, it was a witty enough use of the language. It have been over- and mis-used over the last few years to the point of irrelevance. Overused to the extent that use of such a contraction is not a sign of an active and thinking mind, but rather of one too lazy to think of something new.

It is, in fact, effectively in the same position as a form of English as the ridiculously overused suffix "-gate" is.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Brazen

Oh Marty, you're precious. Trying to make up for being late to the party again (when was it you "discovered" Torchwood, exactly?" by throwing yourself fully into the fanfic etymology.

Martinus

Quote from: Brazen on October 05, 2009, 03:53:23 AM

Oh Marty, you're precious. Trying to make up for being late to the party again (when was it you "discovered" Torchwood, exactly?" by throwing yourself fully into the fanfic etymology.

Hey, I'm from Poland. :P