News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Brazen's paradise

Started by Monoriu, September 30, 2009, 05:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

Quote from: PDH on October 02, 2009, 08:47:37 AM
Maybe the staff is all ninjas. Nobody would steal a car from a place owned by ninjas.

These guys have no sense of security at all.  They place 100% trust on everybody.  Including me.  No payment or deposit or credit card information or passport info (almost all guests were Japanese) was demanded from me any time before or during my stay.  They only presented the bill to me at the last moment just before I left.  I could've stayed for a night, finished two meals and run away in the car without paying and not giving them anyway to contact me except an email address. 

PDH

Quote from: Monoriu on October 02, 2009, 04:24:16 PM
These guys have no sense of security at all.  They place 100% trust on everybody.  Including me.  No payment or deposit or credit card information or passport info (almost all guests were Japanese) was demanded from me any time before or during my stay.  They only presented the bill to me at the last moment just before I left.  I could've stayed for a night, finished two meals and run away in the car without paying and not giving them anyway to contact me except an email address.
Only ninjas would trust like that.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Monoriu

Or female generals :contract:

After we left the hotel, we found a travel guidebook with that as the title.  It turns out that most family-run onsen hotels in Japan are run by females.  My guess is that home-making, decoration, cooking etc are considered female responsibilities in Japan, and therefore onsen hotels are run by females.  It is also a very competitive business (there were at least 3-4 onsen hotels in the same street as the one we stayed). 

The middle aged woman who spoke very good English turned out to be a very prominent female general in Japan.  She spoke good English because she spent her university years in the US.  She is also some chairwoman of the Morioka chamber of commerce.  Her hotel was the only one in the prefecture featured in the guide.