And we're back!

Main Menu

Chavez calls for an Anti-NATO

Started by jimmy olsen, September 29, 2009, 03:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Agelastus on September 29, 2009, 06:02:06 PM
Anyone else thinking "Warsaw Pact Wannabees". :rolleyes:
They can, in fact, call it the "World Alliance to Resist Supremely Arrogant Westerners and
Plan to Achieve Compensation for Trilateralism."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Agelastus

Quote from: grumbler on September 30, 2009, 10:07:00 AM
They can, in fact, call it the "World Alliance to Resist Supremely Arrogant Westerners and

So all these Third World Nations are actually angry at David Rockefeller?

That's a pretty good way of filling out the acronym WARSAW PACT Grumbler. I'm impressed.  Tips :bowler:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

BuddhaRhubarb

He's been reading too many crappy DC comics.
:p

Warspite

Quote from: grumbler on September 30, 2009, 10:07:00 AM
:lol:
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

KRonn

So I guess this will be the VENEZUELA PACT? I should think some of the nations would instead be forming a pact against him, or be thinking about it soon enough.

derspiess

Quote from: KRonn on October 01, 2009, 08:36:34 AM
So I guess this will be the VENEZUELA PACT? I should think some of the nations would instead be forming a pact against him, or be thinking about it soon enough.

You'd think that, but Chavez has been pretty impressive in his ability to buy off leftist leaders all throughout Latin America and help them gain/retain power.

It all may well be a house of cards, but there's potential for some serious damage between now & the time it falls.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Brazen

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on September 30, 2009, 09:00:23 AM
Quote"We have the biggest permanent reservoir of clean water in the world and they call us the poor," Ecuador President Rafael Correa said. The countries talked of working together to develop natural resources to reduce reliance on former imperial powers.

That's because, unlike you, we can get that clean water from the reservoir to people's homes. A miracle!  :o

That's because Western imperialists have been stealing all the rain from Africa and causing it to fall in Europe and North America. :(

KRonn

Quote from: derspiess on October 01, 2009, 10:13:57 AM
Quote from: KRonn on October 01, 2009, 08:36:34 AM

You'd think that, but Chavez has been pretty impressive in his ability to buy off leftist leaders all throughout Latin America and help them gain/retain power.

It all may well be a house of cards, but there's potential for some serious damage between now & the time it falls.
At least Honduras did the right thing in going the other way with Presidents serving too long, or trying to do so. Though the US is on the wrong side of that, IMO.

lustindarkness

If Tim writes what could happen in the future with this, is it still alt hist?  ;) *hint hint*
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Viking

I hope they do this, cause then NATO will have ACTUAL enemies to prepare to fight. I'd like to see any country in (or even half of the entire continent of) Africa go military budget to military budget against even minor European NATO members.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.