News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

Tone Lōc - Funky Cold Medina

Transphobia! :o  Rape Culture! :o :o :o  Tipper Gore was right all along, 80's popular music was a moral cesspool.   :mad:

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

The Brain

Quote from: Savonarola on July 18, 2016, 12:39:56 PM

Transphobia! :o  Rape Culture! :o :o :o  Tipper Gore was right all along, 80's popular music was a moral cesspool.   :mad:

Ah. Been a while.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on July 18, 2016, 02:50:30 PM

Ah. Been a while.

Since you last discussed Tipper?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on July 18, 2016, 03:15:43 PM
Quote from: The Brain on July 18, 2016, 02:50:30 PM

Ah. Been a while.

Since you last discussed Tipper?

Sure.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Mountain - 'Nantucket Slay ride'
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Kate Bush - 'Man With The Child In His Eyes'
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Third Eye Blind - Slow Motion
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Quote from: mongers on July 19, 2016, 08:27:53 PM
Kate Bush - 'Man With The Child In His Eyes'

One of my faves o hers.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

I think I'd go with This Woman's Work.

Josephus

Quote from: garbon on July 20, 2016, 02:51:09 PM
I think I'd go with This Woman's Work.

That's a nice one too.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Course Maxwell did that cover of it...

On the other hand, Placebo did a fun cover of this one.

Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill

garbon

Björk - Black Lake
Marlena Shaw - California Soul
Michael Kiwanuka - Black Man In A White World

Savonarola

Marvin Gaye and Tammy Terrell - Ain't No Mountain High Enough

So much better than the Diana Ross version and such a shame they both died so young.   :(
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

The Temptations - Ain't to Proud to Beg

The Reverend Billy Wurlitzer has a bit where he goes:

This is the Temptations after anti-depressants:

I know you wanna leave me,
Bye.