News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Ice Cube: It Was A Good Day.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Liep

The new M83 single "Do It, Try It". Pretty sure this is a joke. :unsure:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Savonarola

Ruth B - Lost Boy

I like this; it's like a whimsical Tori Amos.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Eddie Teach

Kate Bush- Running Up That Hill
Nirvana- Smells Like Teen Spirit
Tierra Santa- La Caja de Pandora
A Perfect Circle- Weak and Powerless
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Savonarola

Disturbed – The Sounds of Silence

That's a... uhm... different take on the song.

It's not my thing, but I'll give them credit for taking Simon and Garfunkel's first big hit and bringing it to a new genre.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Liep

Lukas Graham - 7 Years is close to beating Aqua - Barbie Girl as the all time best selling Danish single.

Barbie Girl will always have a special place in music history though - as one of the most annoying songs.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Liep on March 07, 2016, 04:38:39 PM
Lukas Graham - 7 Years is close to beating Aqua - Barbie Girl as the all time best selling Danish single.

Barbie Girl will always have a special place in music history though - as one of the most annoying songs.

You mean best selling in Denmark?

garbon

Definitely in UK. Did very well on Billboard chart too.

Liep

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 07, 2016, 05:17:39 PM
Quote from: Liep on March 07, 2016, 04:38:39 PM

You mean best selling in Denmark?

World wide sales for a Danish song. Barbie Girl is still the only song foreigners will know when they ask about Danish music, that might change now.

EDIT: Many also know Junior Senior - Move Your Feet, but that's because it was in some commercial. :P

Eddie Teach

I'm having trouble with this, as Barbie Girl has 8 times the number of views on YouTube despite being a pre-YT song. 30 million views for a new song is like barely scratching the top 40.  :hmm:

Liep

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 07, 2016, 05:26:00 PM
I'm having trouble with this, as Barbie Girl has 8 times the number of views on YouTube despite being a pre-YT song. 30 million views for a new song is like barely scratching the top 40.  :hmm:

55 million combined and those versions have only been on there for 3 months, but I'm just reporting what I read online, so :P