News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Liep on December 12, 2015, 07:25:16 AM
Can you give me examples of what 2, 4 and 5 are?

2- I really think it just meant R&B. Spotify has included for that - CeeLo Green, Janelle Monae, The Weeknd, Solange etc.

4 - Here its examples are tons of things that I don't know but I had used some house playlists as background music. So they have Made to Move, Wild Culture, Walker & Royce, etc. I think Kygo is what got me this too.

5 - Their examples were Tiesto, Calvin Harris, Zedd, Swedish House Mafia, etc. All of whom I did listen too.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Jill Scott - Wild Cookie
Whitney Houston - I'm Every Woman
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

ABC - The Look of Love
Melissa Etheridge - Like The Way I Do

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

My one concession to the Christmas spirit, listening to:

The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl 'Fairy Tale of New York'.   :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Katzenjammer- Demon Kitty Rag
CSNY- Southern Man
KD Lang- Hallelujah
Norman Greenbaum- Spirit in the Sky

Savonarola

Pete Hartfield - Love Me (1961)

Another flop on Miracle records (they had seven in a row by this point), this one's a mid-tempo doo-wop ballad.  While Pete could sing; this sort of song was becoming passe by this period.  It isn't helped that the B-side Darling Tonight sounds almost identical.

Pete would never have a single on Motown, but he'd go on to do an R&B song... er... inspired by "Great Balls of Fire" called Mighty Man.  That's actually a lot of fun; it's too bad he never made it any further.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Liep

Apple Music is finally on Sonos. Rejoice!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Death Cab for Cutie- Soul Meets Body

Eddie Teach

Ten Years After- I'd Love to Change the World

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on December 13, 2015, 10:59:04 PM

It is the best Christmas song I know of ...  :)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Counting Crows- Holiday in Spain
Pink Floyd- Goodbye Blue Sky

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on December 15, 2015, 11:21:43 AM
Quote from: mongers on December 13, 2015, 10:59:04 PM

It is the best Christmas song I know of ...  :)

Clearly you know little. -_-

Complete my tradition of listening to Joni Mitchell - California on my flight back.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.