News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

The Mountain Goats - Lovecraft in Brooklyn
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Peter Gabriel - '1 / Car'  :)

After having had the vinyl, the cassette and then bought the MP3s, which being DRM 'died' on me, I finally got around to getting the remastered CD, had to get if from America, but I now have my grubby mitts on a permanent copy.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Remind me of a funny thing I heard on the radio: a Mick Jagger solo album released sometime in the 80s or 90s sold 48 copies world wide.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

REM- Orange Crush
Frank Zappa- Nanook Rubs It
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Savonarola

Debbie Dean Itsy Bity Pity Love (1961)

A light C&W song written by two of Motown's standard songwriters from the period, Janie Bradford and Popcorn Wylie.  Debbie gives it her best shot, but I doubt even Patsy Cline could have made this one work.  The B side But I'm Afraid is much better.  That's none other than Berry Gordy on cowbell.

Dean would go on to have one more single with Motown before being dropped from the label.  Motown was marketing themselves the sound of young America and Debbie was, at age 34, well, not quite the image they were looking for.  She'd eventually return as a songwriter.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Josephus

Quote from: mongers on December 05, 2015, 05:31:53 PM
Yes - Ultimate Yes 35th anniversary collection.

New to me, a well put together compilation, lots of good music for very little.  :bowler:

Good set if i remember.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

the B52's 'Cosmic Thing' - don't recall the album being this average, guess I only ever used to play at high volume at party or two and so confusing the experience with the music. 

edit:
I don't know what  I was thinking, after have listened to all of it, it's a rather good album, I may just have a rather unimaginatively mixed CD.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

Eddie Teach

I was always partial to 'Love Shack'.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 09, 2015, 09:18:32 PM
I was always partial to 'Love Shack'.

I've heard it once a week for the last 12 years.

Eddie Teach

Heh, didn't like it *that* much.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 09, 2015, 09:26:20 PM
Heh, didn't like it *that* much.

It's a karaoke standard.  Can't do much about it.