News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

It's "Play Danish Day" today and that's easily the most interesting day to listen to the radio.

Yung - Nobody Cares
Psyched Up Janis - I Died In My Teens
De Underjordiske - Hvis Du Forstod
Pluto - Guldlok
And so much more!

:hug:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Savonarola

The Beatles - Let It Be

I'm not sure, but I think Paul wrote a love song to John in "Two of Us."  :unsure:

Incredibly uneven album; some classics on this with "Two of Us," "Across the Universe," "Let it Be" and "Get Back."  The other songs are mostly mediocre, except "The Long and Winding Road," which is awful.  That sounds like Paul was trying to write a hit for Andy Williams.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Eddie Teach

It is, however, one of their best known songs.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 29, 2015, 11:37:29 AM
It is, however, one of their best known songs.

:yeahright:

It's a "known" song of theirs, I'll give you that.  But I'm sure I could name 20 Beatle Songs better known than The Long and Winding Road.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

They did a lot of songs.

I would say "Let it Be" is the only one Sav mentioned off that album that is clearly better known. "Two of Us" is less well known. "Across the Universe" and "Get Back"... who can tell?

Savonarola

It was a single and a number 1 hit in the US.  It's still awful.  With the possible exception of "The Ballad of John and Yoko" I don't think they had a worse single.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

frunk

Quote from: Savonarola on October 29, 2015, 12:29:51 PM
It was a single and a number 1 hit in the US.  It's still awful.  With the possible exception of "The Ballad of John and Yoko" I don't think they had a worse single.

I don't remember it being that bad, but I probably haven't heard it in at least ten years.

Eddie Teach

I don't know if it was a single, but I find "Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da" rather annoying. And it's stuck in my head now.  <_<

The Brain

Adele - Hello

Can't resist singing "Is it me you're looking for?".
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Savonarola

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 29, 2015, 12:36:05 PM
I don't know if it was a single, but I find "Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da" rather annoying. And it's stuck in my head now.  <_<

Sorry

I think there's only four Beatles songs that I don't like ("Mr. Moonlight," "Ballad of John and Yoko," "Don't Let Me Down" and "The Long and Winding Road.")

Savonarola

Richard Wylie and His Band Money (That's What I Want) (1961)

This is different; it starts out as a raucous boogie woogie solo, and then Funk Brother Richard "Popcorn" Wylie starts singing Money.  This probably would have worked better as just an instrumental.  As it is, it's two ideas that don't really go together.

The B side I'll Still Be Around, is entirely different.  It's a lounge song in which Wylie croons away. 

Savonarola

Quote from: Liep on October 29, 2015, 06:02:11 AM
It's "Play Danish Day" today and that's easily the most interesting day to listen to the radio.

Yung - Nobody Cares

It sort of reminds me of Sonic Youth.  I'm not sure I care for the tempo changes.

QuotePsyched Up Janis - I Died In My Teens

I don't care for the lead singer.  It sounds like he wants to be Kurt Cobain, the wa-a-ay he dra-a-ags everythi-i-i-ng out.  He isn't very good at it.

QuoteDe Underjordiske - Hvis Du Forstod

I like this one, it reminds me of U2.

QuotePluto - Guldlok

Back to new wave, I like this one as well.   :cool:

QuoteAnd so much more!

:hug:

Thanks for posting these   :)

Admiral Yi

I like The Long and Winding Road.  :mad:

Savonarola

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 29, 2015, 03:24:40 PM
I like The Long and Winding Road.  :mad:

I'll give it another chance tomorrow when I listen to "Let it Be Naked" (:perv:); but what am I missing?  To me it sounds like easy listening music.

Barrister

Hey Sav, where are you finding all this Beatles stuff to listen to.

I realized that although I've heard lots of Beatles stuff (and it is very very good stuff) I've never sat down and listened to their albums, which seems like it might be a worthwhile endeavour.  But the complete Beatles collection is $149 on iTunes - a little rich for my blood.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.