And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Amorphis - Under the Red Cloud

Very good, relaxed prog album. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Savonarola

The Beatles - "Please, Please Me" (album)

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

More of a catalog of The Beatles influences rather than a proper album; still from Paul's opening "1-2-3-4" on "She Was Just Seventeen" you know it's going to be a great ride.  It was recorded in just a day, which is how John managed to shout himself hoarse on "Twist and Shout."
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

The Brain

The KLF - America: What Time Is Love
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

The Brain

The Brain

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

:glare:

The Prodigy - Smack My Bitch Up

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Savonarola

Herman Griffin - True Love (1960)

TOCK ABOUT LOVE!  Not a bad little rockabilly number, but unsuited for Griffin; he's a lot more dynamic than the song.  His voice is also way to powerful for what they had at Motown back in those days; and he keeps overdriving the microphone.

Griffin is much better known for being Mary Wells first husband (and a key factor in her decision to leave Motown) than he is as a performer.  He was supposed to be an electric performer, like Jackie Wilson, but he never had the songs.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Savonarola

The Beatles - Meet the Beatles

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

The Americanized version of "With the Beatles"; all the covers (except "Until there was You") were excised and "I Want to Hold Your Hand" was added.  I think this is the better album; The Beatles covers of Motown ("Money," "Wait a Minute Mr. Postman" and "You Really Got a Hold on Me") aren't bad, but they're nowhere near as good as the originals.  The same can be said for George's cover of "Roll Over Beethoven."  Without those the album rocks harder and is more consistent.  I prefer "Please Please Me," but this is still a worthy follow up.

The Brain