News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

Flo Morrissey - If You Can't Love This All Goes Away
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

My top 20 artists for the first 6 months. Almost 50% female vocals, 3 Danish acts, over 50% American acts. A decent mix of styles too.

Waxahatchee
Jamie xx
The Tallest Man on Earth
Natalie Prass
Lower Dens
Blur
Rangleklods
Tobias Jesso Jr.
Jenny Lewis
Tom Waits
Screaming Females
Mikal Cronin
Mew
Mikael Simpson
Sharon Van Etten
Soak
Alabama Shakes   
Kendrick Lamar
Father John Misty
Phosphorescent

Liep

Savonarola

Colombia is the Grey Havens for bad songs.  I heard "We Built This City on Rock and Roll" when I was down there and since I've been puzzled on how one could play a mamba.

:unsure:

Maybe it was supposed to be a euphemism. :unsure:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Liep

Can't get enough of Wolf Alice, debut album out next week. :w00t:

Josephus

B2B Rush.

Seening them again for the...um....15 th time, perhaps. Probably more.
Civis Romanus Sum

Savonarola

My wife and I don't always have the same taste in music:

CB:  What song do you most identify with

Savonarola:  The one where Spiderman is having me for dinner.

CB:  There's no such song :mad: ... oh God, there is such a song isn't there?

I played "Lullaby" for her, I don't think she appreciated it.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

the children of the stars
in the hollywood hills and the boulevard
her parents threw big parties
everyone was there
they hung out with folks like
dennis hopper, bob seeger, sonny and cher
now, she feels safe
in this bar on fairfax
and from the stage I can tell that
she can't let go and she can't relax
and just before
she hangs her head to cry
I sing to her a lullaby, I sing
everything's gonna be all right
rockabye, rockabye
rockabye, rockabye
rockabye
she still lives with her mom
outside the city
down that street about a half a mile
and all her friends tell her
she's so pretty
but she'd be a whole lot prettier
if she smiled once in a while
`cause even her smile
looks like a frown
she's seen her share of devils
in this angel town
But, everything's gonna be all right
rockabye, rockabye
rockabye, rockabye
rockabye
I told her I ain't so sure
about this place
it's hard to play a gig in this town
and keep a straight face
seems like everyone here's got a plan
it's kind of like nashville with a tan, but,
rockabye, rockabye
rockabye, rockabye
rockabye, rockabye
rockabye, rockabye,rockabye, bye, bye
bye, bye

I don't see the part about Spiderman.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

Quote from: Liep on June 19, 2015, 06:10:42 AM
Can't get enough of Wolf Alice, debut album out next week. :w00t:

It's as good as I hoped. :yes:

Savonarola

Mozart Andante in C for Piano (K1a)

Appalling, it sounds like a five year old child wrote this.  What was Mozart thinking? :mad:

;)

In listening to the six works that make up the K1 it's remarkable that Mozart that you can see an increased sophistication in his composing as his fifth year went along.