News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

More Icelandic music: Samaris - Silkidrangar
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Tonitrus

Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes

Eddie Teach

A-Ha - Take On Me
The Tiger Lilies- Gypsies
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

Swedish band The Amazing who's playing some kind of indiefied psych rock. It's quite good.

The Amazing - Picture You

garbon

En Vogue - Hold On (Marley Marl Hip Hop Remix)
R. Kelly - Bump n' Grind

This 90's RB station on Spotify is on point. :cool:

Lauryn Hill - Doo Wop (That Thing)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: Liep on March 04, 2015, 08:29:53 PM
Quote from: Syt on March 04, 2015, 02:42:00 PM
Sólstafir - Ótta

Icelandic stoner country rock? I find them difficult to put into a genre, but their albums just keep getting better.

I gave the Lágnætti video a go. Made me want to go to Iceland, although I could've done without the Americana Vikings.

But a very nice sound. :thumbsup:

You might also enjoy TÝR from the Færøerne.

Sinklars Visa or Regin Smiður
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Van Hagar- Can't Stop Lovin' You
Police- Every Little Thing She Does is Magic
Notorious BIG- Big Poppa
Rolling Stones- Miss You
STP- Plush
Live- All Over You

Liep

Quote from: Syt on March 07, 2015, 03:24:23 AM
Quote from: Liep on March 04, 2015, 08:29:53 PM
Quote from: Syt on March 04, 2015, 02:42:00 PM
Sólstafir - Ótta

Icelandic stoner country rock? I find them difficult to put into a genre, but their albums just keep getting better.

I gave the Lágnætti video a go. Made me want to go to Iceland, although I could've done without the Americana Vikings.

But a very nice sound. :thumbsup:

You might also enjoy TÝR from the Færøerne.

Sinklars Visa or Regin Smiður

Sounds like a metal-ish version of Danish folk songs.

Syt

Most of their older stuff is. Their newer stuff is more typical Vikingish metal.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Modern Talking - You Can Win If You Want (from German TV 1985)

Really impressive how they barely pretend to use their instruments during the playback. :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould