News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on January 15, 2015, 06:23:56 PM
The guys actually used to live 10 minutes from my house. Frequently on the highway I'd see a woman driving a car, the plates said" Sum41mom".

:lol:

Listening to Peter Gabriel (with Kate Bush) - 'Don't Give Up'

Yes - 'Starship Trooper'
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on January 15, 2015, 10:34:35 PM
Love Yes  :cool:

:)

Indeed, though they've done plenty of ropey stuff.

Hadn't, heard that song in years, forgotten just how good it is.  :)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on January 15, 2015, 04:20:59 PM
Well it is like a musical - which is self-noted as a "hip hopera" but at any rate, the whole thing is a long music video. All of it is available for viewing on IFC.

Rather lazy composition-wise for an opera. An instrumental version of Trapped in the Closet would be the most boring thing ever.

The story's pretty funny though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

The Police - 'Wrapped Around Your Finger'  - seems quite appropriate.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on January 16, 2015, 12:32:35 AM
The Police - 'Wrapped Around Your Finger'  - seems quite appropriate.

Still a smooth groove 30 years on.

Josephus

The Police imploded too soon.  :(
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 15, 2015, 11:34:54 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 15, 2015, 04:20:59 PM
Well it is like a musical - which is self-noted as a "hip hopera" but at any rate, the whole thing is a long music video. All of it is available for viewing on IFC.

Rather lazy composition-wise for an opera. An instrumental version of Trapped in the Closet would be the most boring thing ever.

The story's pretty funny though.

Oh, of course. It isn't genius in the way R Kelly had suggested.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Dolly Parton - Jolene (45rpm single played on 33rpm)
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Sade - King Of Sorrow
Cher - Song For The Lonely

garbon

Garbage - Milk (Massive Attack Remix)

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

The Glitch Mob- How to be Eaten by a Woman
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Luna Rossa Secrets and Lies. Interesting.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011