What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Tool- Sober
Glenn Miller- In the Mood
Smoke- Gold is the Colour of Thoughts
Lana Del Rey- Young and Beautiful
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Nicki Minaj - The Night Is Still Young
Beyoncé - Partition
Alicia Bridges - I Love The Nightlife (Disco 'Round)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Trapped In The Closet

Empire got me wanting to revisit this classic work. So good / I haven't ever seen all 33 parts.

I think this counts as music so putting this here, though could also go in TV thread.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Reptile Youth - Shooting Up Sunshine
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Quote from: garbon on January 15, 2015, 03:52:06 PM
Trapped In The Closet

Empire got me wanting to revisit this classic work. So good / I haven't ever seen all 33 parts.

I think this counts as music so putting this here, though could also go in TV thread.

Which of that is the music part?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Quote from: Liep on January 15, 2015, 04:10:47 PM
Trapped In The Closet

I'm not sure I understand the question. :hmm:

Liep

Quote from: garbon on January 15, 2015, 04:14:26 PM
Trapped In The Closet

I simply didn't understand what made it count as music. But now I googled Trapped In The Closet.

Still not sure tbh. :hmm:

Maybe I'm too white.

garbon

Quote from: Liep on January 15, 2015, 04:19:07 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 15, 2015, 04:14:26 PM
Trapped In The Closet

I simply didn't understand what made it count as music. But now I googled Trapped In The Closet.

Still not sure tbh. :hmm:

Maybe I'm too white.

Well it is like a musical - which is self-noted as a "hip hopera" but at any rate, the whole thing is a long music video. All of it is available for viewing on IFC.

Liep

Just found a playlist from way back when. Interesting to see what I listened too about 15 years ago.

Sum 41, System of a Down, Rolling Stones, John Lee Hooker, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters. Lighthouse Family, Travis, Michael Jackson, Bruce Springsteen, Outkast.

It's pretty much all over the place.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

Josephus

The guys actually used to live 10 minutes from my house. Frequently on the highway I'd see a woman driving a car, the plates said" Sum41mom".
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011