Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Eddie Teach

White Stripes- Seven Nation Army
Soundgarden- Like Suicide
:ccr- Born on the Bayou
Adele- Rumour Has It
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Savonarola

Smokey Robinson's first solo song writing credit was the Miracles "Way Over There":  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIQf_iMVzU8

Smokey usually sounds more polished, but here his sheer enthusiasm works much better.  Once again it's an amazing song and a forgotten gem from Hitsville USA.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

garbon

Nicki Minaj feat. Lil' Wayne - Roman Reloaded
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Tori Amos- Smells Like Teen Spirit
The Cure- Purple Haze
Pat Boone- Enter Sandman

Those I looked up on youtube. Now listening to Pandora. Second song they play: Seether- Careless Whisper.  :lol:

PDH

Jethro Tull - Locomotive Breath (from "Live at Madison Square Garden 1978")

Great song, very rocking in this iteration, and also before Ian Anderson's voice got broken.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Eddie Teach

I Monster- Daydream in Blue
Animals- House of the Rising Sun
Blues Traveler- Hook

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ideologue

Walk the Moon--Shut Up and Dance

So happy and fun it makes me want to cry.  I'm all fucked up.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Right now, I'm going through this thread and listening to random songs you folks listed that I've never heard before.

First up-
Anastacia- Paid My Dues. Poppy, too repetitive at end.
Bob Dylan- Ballad of a Thin Man. Dylan's distinctive vocal stylings are in full effect; it almost sounds like a self-caricature.
David Bowie- Up the Hill Backwards. Not sure if I like it, but many of Bowie's other songs have grown with me over time.
Dry Kill Logic- Kingdom of the Blind. Sounds like a lot of mid-noughties alternative rock. Might like the song if I heard it a bunch, but no super hooks that jump out on first listen.

Gonna stop trying to decide whether I like the songs or not, unless it jumps right out at me. Most songs don't sound very distinctive on first listen.  :hmm:

Liquido- Narcotic. Light indie rocker with a prominent keyboard.
Alice in Chains- Take Her Out. It's Alice in Chains.
Jethro Tull- Cross Eyed Mary. Mostly guitar, a little bit of flute for good measure.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Quote from: mongers on November 16, 2014, 08:56:57 PM
Pat Benatar - Greatest Hits compilation, forgotten what a great talent she was.  :cool:

fuck dude, Pat Benatar was the shit...
I was so in love with her....

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Jacob

I'm on a bit of a Wu Tang kick right now.