And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

garbon

Robyn - Get Myself Together
Tori Amos - 16 Shades Of Blue

The Brain

mongers

ZZ Top - 'Rio Grande Mud' - 'Sure Got Cold After The Rain Fell'

Seems quite appropriate for the weather and a couple of other things here.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

David Bowie - China Girl
Mobin Master Feat. Karina Chavez - Show Me Love
Nelly Furtado Feat Ace Primo - High Life

DontSayBanana

Dry Kill Logic - Paper Tiger
Dry Kill Logic - Kingdom of the Blind
Static-X - I'm With Stupid
Static-X - Push It (RIP Wayne Static :( )
Experience bij!

Jacob

I've been listening to a bunch of Scottish Folk music recently.

mongers

Quote from: Jacob on November 03, 2014, 02:44:03 PM

:cool:

Always good to listen to new things.

Listening to a not especially good Hawkwind album from the early 80s, called 'Zones', but there's one stand out track that's a bit different to the rest of the album.

On investigation turns out its sung and written by a guy called Keith Hale, who wrote and produced much of Toyah Wilcox's music. So an interesting influence on the psychedelic/spacey Hawks.  :cool:

Don't think I ever saw this guy in concert as he wasn't with them long.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Savonarola

The first single on the Motown label (earlier "Motown" singles were on the Tamla label) was The Miracle's Bad Girl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McRXMdG_964

Smokey wrote and sang this when was 19.  It should be an ordinary doo-wop song pining of love gone wrong, but with Smokey's soaring vocals and the Miracles' flawless backing it's amazing. 
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Eddie Teach

Are bagpipes featured?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 03, 2014, 07:23:00 PM

Are bagpipes featured?

Nope. It's mostly a bunch of ballads, some Robbie Burns stuff, and a bunch of Jacobite songs.