News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: Liep on October 10, 2014, 09:20:25 AM
'Louder Than Words' from the new Pink Floyd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eJZKbtmFF0

Hmm. Pleasant.

Probably the only interesting thing off the album. We'll see.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

DJ Snake and Lil Jon- Turn Down for What
Katy Perry- Dark Horse
Eminem- Rap God
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

PDH

Gustav Mahler - Kindertotenlieder 
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Liep

It's not every day they play a 13 minute long number in its full length on the radio, but:

Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Parts I-V
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Tinashe feat. SchoolBoy Q - 2 On
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: Liep on October 12, 2014, 04:32:18 AM
It's not every day they play a 13 minute long number in its full length on the radio, but:

Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Parts I-V

:cool:

I'm not sure we've any radio stations or programmes that would do that.

When I was growing up there was a radio programme called the Friday Night Rock Show that ran from 10pm to Midnight on FM, it was required listening if you liked that sort of music, heard lots of new bands on it, and back in the day it was cassette recordings off the show that served, until you found the album in a record store.

The intro/exit/theme music was a jazzy track by the Dixie Dreggs and the midway song, the DJ chatted over to introduce the next hour was 'Theme One' performed by Van der Graff Generator. (it may even have been a special version recorded for the show)  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Genesis - 'Foxtrot' - 'Supper's Ready' .  :bowler:

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on October 12, 2014, 09:18:04 PM
Quote from: mongers on October 12, 2014, 08:56:42 PM
Genesis - 'Foxtrot' - 'Supper's Ready' .  :bowler:

Nice

Yeah, not sure prompted it, but maybe time to more thoroughly check out some of the old records lying around here.   :)

Liep

The Rapture - House of Jealous Lovers

Insane vocals.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Mary Lambert - Secrets
Lana Del Rey - Born To Die
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

Ideologue

Some more of that Sad Hot Girl Music (I think the genre is called) that's so in right now, in this instance by Meg Myers.  I like it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on October 14, 2014, 05:55:14 PM
Rush-Red Barchetta

:cool:

Damn, now I'm gonna have to listen to Moving Pictures.

edit:
You know what's rather annoying about this is, I found the album on an external drive, but I ripped the cd a good while ago, so the lame version used is old and a bit too compressed, I think V2 VBR, so now I'm gonna have to find the cd, re-rip it, save the flacs (which wasn't an option a few years back when sortage wasn't dirt cheap) and then re do the MP3 so V0 VBR.   :cool:

But of course I'm now also likely to also redo most of the rest of my 2-3 dozen rush albums, thanks Josephus  <_<

:P

And no doubt I'll probably buy some more remastered versions, if you or anyone else can explain which ones have genuinely benefited from that.

Josephus

Sorry. :D

I haven't really picked up Rush remasters, other than Vapour Trails, which is re-mixed rather than remastered, and sounds better for it. I do plan on starting to rebuild my Rush catalouge at some point. Will likely begin with Farewell to Kings and work my way up to Power Windows.

edit: Quick research shows that much of what I want is neatly packaged in a box set:

http://www.amazon.ca/Sector-2-Rush/dp/B005ORVMCY/ref=pd_bxgy_m_img_y
Civis Romanus Sum