And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Don Chamberss & Goat- I Can Waltz
Weezer- Say it Ain't So
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Joni Mitchell - A Case Of You

Actually I'm listening to all of Blue again. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 21, 2014, 03:16:32 PM
Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark- If You Leave
David Gilmour- There's No Way Out of Here
Red Elvises- Memoirs of a Phuket Geisha
about a minute of Jessie J- Price Tag :thumbsdown:
Soundgarden- Limo Wreck
Tenacious D- Wonderboy

That's a strange playist. kudos for There's No Way Out of Here, was listening to the album in the car earlier.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Josephus on September 23, 2014, 07:07:13 PM
That's a strange playist.

I usually have most of my stations on shuffle.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

Kiesza - Giant in My Heart

I'd be stoked if Eurodance made a comeback.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Quote from: Liep on September 24, 2014, 08:57:41 AM

I've lived through the 90s and say, "Please, dear God, no!"
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Quote from: Syt on September 24, 2014, 09:02:34 AM
Quote from: Liep on September 24, 2014, 08:57:41 AM

I've lived through the 90s and say, "Please, dear God, no!"

I just did a quick search for eurodance artists, and the list includes: "2 Unlimited, Ace of Base, Alexia, Bad Boys Blue, Blue System, Cappella, Captain Hollywood Project, Centory, Colonia, Corona, Culture Beat, Dee Monk, Double You, DJ Bobo, Dr. Alban, E-rotic. E-Type, Electro Team, First Base, Fun Factory, Haddaway, Ice MC, Imperio, Indra, J.K., La Bouche, Lobby, Le Click, Lynda Thomas, Magic Affair, Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch, Masterboy, Maxx, Mr. President, N-Trance, Nicki French, No Mercy, Paradisio, Playahitty, Real McCoy, Scatman John, Snap!, Technotronic, and Whigfield."

Maybe you're right. I think Kiesza might be enough and just for nostalgia.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

It was a gruelling time. There was no escaping that kind of music, be it going out with friends at night, or watching (ye olde) MTV.

We tried to go to our local club on Thursdays because that was when they would play Pearl Jam, Metallica, Guns'n'Roses, Nirvana, Ministry, Therapy?, and all the others.

I feel vindicated that "our" kind of music is still listened to today and considered "classic rock", while most dance pop of the time has been buried (until the inevitable revival in the 2020s :P ).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

I'm still known to blast some Real MCoy, La Bouche and Snap! sometimes. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Nothing wrong with enjoying them sometimes when the mood strikes you. Getting blasted by it on most radio stations and on TV in those pre-interwebs music days was horrific.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Quote from: Syt on September 24, 2014, 09:29:51 AM
Nothing wrong with enjoying them sometimes when the mood strikes you. Getting blasted by it on most radio stations and on TV in those pre-interwebs music days was horrific.

I don't know. I think it is a toss up with getting blasted by Katy Perry and Taylor Swift (though the latter is less ever present these days). It's rather hard if I am out and about to escape Ms. Perry. :x

garbon

Duke Dumont feat. Jax Jones - I Got U

Dancey Whitney Houston cover.

Liep

Ice Age - The Lord's Favorite

Denmark's number 1 punk group ventures into blue grass. It sounds surprisingly good.

Savonarola

Quote from: Liep on September 25, 2014, 02:34:10 PM
Ice Age - The Lord's Favorite

Denmark's number 1 punk group ventures into blue grass. It sounds surprisingly good.

That sounded so bizarre that I had to listen to it.  I don't care for the lead singer's voice; but otherwise that's a pretty neat song. :alberta:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Syt

I'm still loving Opeth's new psychedelic 70s album.
—Stephen Jay Gould