And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: mongers on September 03, 2014, 05:26:41 PM
The newish Asia album - 'Gravitas'   :hmm:

Yeah...I picked that up...Looks like they, or sounds like they're just going through the motions.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

Quote from: Liep on August 30, 2014, 09:33:01 AM
I can't wait til monday and the release of The Cabin Project's first album. I mean Kira Skov and Marie Fisker together? :w00t:

Somewhat disappointing. But Avi Buffalo has a new album out next week!! :w00t:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

King Crimson--Court of the Crimson King (Steven Wilson re-mix)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on September 03, 2014, 09:45:36 PM
Quote from: mongers on September 03, 2014, 05:26:41 PM
The newish Asia album - 'Gravitas'   :hmm:

Yeah...I picked that up...Looks like they, or sounds like they're just going through the motions.

Yeah, that sums up my feelings well.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on September 05, 2014, 05:10:30 PM
King Crimson--Court of the Crimson King (Steven Wilson re-mix)

Ooh, I've not heard that, I don't have any 5.1 etc sound set up.  :(

I've only heard the stereo remix from the twin cd set, which was a pretty good recasting.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josephus

The stereo mix (2009) is also by Steven Wilson.
Civis Romanus Sum

Caliga

SON OF A BITCH  :ultra:

I just found out Judas Priest will be in Louisville on October 4th.... but I will be getting on a plane to California two hours before the concert. :weep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on September 06, 2014, 03:10:43 PM
SON OF A BITCH  :ultra:

I just found out Judas Priest will be in Louisville on October 4th.... but I will be getting on a plane to California two hours before the concert. :weep:

Fags aren't that great and may have AIDS.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

Slove - Carte Postale feat. Aurelou

C'est génial.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Savonarola

"Porgy and Bess"

I read that during the apartheid era South Africans wanted to do an all white version of the opera. :huh:  Ira Gershwin (who was George's heir as well as the librettist) didn't permit this.  Given the heavy dialect used in the opera that seems like it would be surreal.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum