News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Norgy

The Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger.  :Embarrass:

Josephus

Alan Parsons Project--Pyramid
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

King Crimson's Discipline was okay.

Kyu Sakamoto--Sukiyaki.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Huey Lewis & The News - The Power Of Love
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Phantom of the Paradise album.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

MadImmortalMan

Presto Ballet.

Relic of the Modern World.

My guitar teacher's band. If you like Yes, Dire Straits, Genesis, Josephus, give it a listen.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ideologue

I like Josephus a lot, but I don't see how that affects my listening choices.
Kinemalogue

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Ideologue on June 09, 2014, 04:00:29 PM
I like Josephus a lot, but I don't see how that affects my listening choices.

:lol:

He likes a lot of prog, so I singled him out.

MadImmortalMan

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 09, 2014, 03:58:30 PM
Presto Ballet.

Relic of the Modern World.

My guitar teacher's band. If you like Yes, Dire Straits, Genesis, Josephus, give it a listen.

Will do. I see they were on the Cruise to the Edge...I almost made it out to that.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 09, 2014, 04:25:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJLhenv_OSw&list=UUHz7xvmc0e2lRryCV7RSoIw

Here you go. Kerry is my teacher.

He's obviously a Keith Emerson fan.  :D

Yeah, he's very good. I'll listen to his band later as well.
Civis Romanus Sum

Josephus

Musically there's a huge Rush influence as well that I hear.....find they get heavier which each successive album. But yeah, they're pretty good. Thanks for sharing.
Civis Romanus Sum