What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Josephus on April 09, 2014, 06:33:15 PM
Quote from: Caliga on April 08, 2014, 08:49:51 PM
For some reason Tarzan Boy is stuck in my head. :frusty: :bleeding:

Oh God. That one's bad.

One of the most 80ish songs ever, though this cheese is stinkier than most.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: garbon on April 06, 2014, 07:48:17 PM
The Smiths - Half A Person

:) My favorite Smiths' song, I think.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Eddie Teach

Liep

Future Islands - Seasons Change

Check out their Letterman performance on YouTube, the singer is doing the whitest and most fantastic dance I've ever seen. Also, what a voice!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Liep on April 10, 2014, 02:26:20 PM
Future Islands - Seasons Change

Check out their Letterman performance on YouTube, the singer is doing the whitest and most fantastic dance I've ever seen. Also, what a voice!

Whoa, Future Islands.  My girlfriend back in 2006 was friends with a couple of them from high school in North Carolina.  They had just started out down there, and I was able to get them booked as the opening act for a show outside Philadelphia, basically playing for beer, dinner, and maybe gas money.  They put on a good show and we all got sloppy drunk afterwards.  Some more hijinks ensued at various dive bars that are probably better left unsaid. :D

I hadn't thought about them in ages.  It's so weird, in a good way, that they're on Letterman and have Danish fans now. :)
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

Eddie Teach

Collective Soul- Listen
Michele McLaughlin- Perseverance
The Police- Every Little Thing She Does is Magic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"My Sweet Lord" by George Harrison.  Beautiful song in spite of the hare krishna crap.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josephus

Quote from: derspiess on April 11, 2014, 01:39:38 PM
"My Sweet Lord" by George Harrison.  Beautiful song in spite of the hare krishna crap.

Yes it is.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Beyoncé - Drunk in Love feat. JAY Z
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Carpenters - We've Only Just Begun

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: garbon on April 12, 2014, 09:38:00 PM

:wub:  I have a soft spot for the Carpenters.

I'm listening to Pet Shop Boys' "King's Cross."  It has a beautiful Derek Jarman-directed video that was made to be projected on-stage.  And I think the lyrics and presentation make the song one of the most effective mixtures of political critique and personal narrative from that mid-late 80s UK period where you had quite a few (Bronski Beat, Smiths, etc.)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 12, 2014, 10:21:19 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 12, 2014, 09:38:00 PM

:wub:  I have a soft spot for the Carpenters.

Lolz, "Close To You".  Plays an integral part in The Best of Times, which is a fantastic, underrated sports movie masking as relationship comedy.

Ed Anger

Ugh. Carpenters. AM radio flashback.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive