News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Regina Spektor - 20 Years of Snow
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PDH

The Clash - Clampdown

For Ide, never wear the blue and brown.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Capetan Mihali

The Crickets -- I Fought The Law.  This the original version by Sonny Curtis from 1959... main difference of note is that it's "robbin' people with a zip gun" rather than "six gun" in the Bobby Fuller Four's 1966 version.  It was probably changed because zip guns were a juvenile delinquent (the original JD) problem, and a little too edgy.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

katmai

The Head and the Heart-Lost in My Mind
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Iron & Wine-Such Great Heights
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

The Postal Service - Such Great Heights

Not as much indie-cred as Katmai's version, but still a nice tune.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

crazy canuck

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 08, 2014, 10:14:57 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 04, 2014, 07:23:19 PM
Quote from: Liep on March 04, 2014, 10:32:46 AM
Pharell - Happy

I have started waking up the family with that in the mornings.

:bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding:

You have a problem with starting the day off in a good mood?

Ideologue

Quote from: PDH on March 08, 2014, 06:59:58 PM
The Clash - Clampdown

I don't know what that means.  Sometimes I wear a blue shirt and khakis.

Anyway, The Marcels--Blue Moon.  I forget if I mentioned this the other night.  Been listening to some 50s hits, as is my occasional wont.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 11, 2014, 04:33:27 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 08, 2014, 10:14:57 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 04, 2014, 07:23:19 PM
Quote from: Liep on March 04, 2014, 10:32:46 AM
Pharell - Happy

I have started waking up the family with that in the mornings.

:bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding:

You have a problem with starting the day off in a good mood?

Exhortations to join in clapping about happiness have rarely put me in a good mood.  Even if the pseudo-Motown musical styling aren't  that objectionable. 

But you'd definitely have my abject submission, a bit like Noriega after too many days and nights of Van Halen and Twisted Sister in the Vatican Embassy. :P

Ed Anger

Start your day off right.

With Tool.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

PDH

Quote from: Ideologue on March 11, 2014, 05:59:10 PM
Quote from: PDH on March 08, 2014, 06:59:58 PM
The Clash - Clampdown

I don't know what that means.  Sometimes I wear a blue shirt and khakis.

The song is about selling your soul and becoming a working drone.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Eddie Teach

LL Cool J- Around the Way Girl
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?