News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

:)

Except for that "makes me wanna party" line, which is fucking terrible and has no business being in the rest of that great song, not least because it's made to rhyme with "body"--and you do the math.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Kate Nash - Skeleton Song

edit: This is the first artist whose album I bought after hearing several of the songs on Pandora
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 13, 2014, 03:13:56 PM
Still D.R.E.

The instrumental version was one of my ringtones for a long time.

DontSayBanana

Dusted off some Shit Goat for the lulz.  Just got back from Kain's- sounds like he's plotting a sequel.
Experience bij!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ideologue

Quote from: PDH on January 14, 2014, 09:02:50 PM
Joe Walsh - Turn to Stone

Solid tune. :cool:

Oingo Boingo--Weird Science.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

FunkMonk

That Lorde chick did a cover of Everybody Wants to Rule the World for that new Hunger Games movie.

http://youtu.be/DaVA6sgOpws

:hmm:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: FunkMonk on January 15, 2014, 03:23:23 PM
That Lorde chick did a cover of Everybody Wants to Rule the World for that new Hunger Games movie.

http://youtu.be/DaVA6sgOpws

:hmm:

:x That... was terrible.  It was like the aborted fetus of Louie Armstrong and Gary Jule's version of "Mad World."
Experience bij!

Eddie Teach

I thought the instrumentation was interesting, didn't care for the way she growled/mumbled the words.

For the record, Jules > Tears for Fears.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

I don't see anything particularly wrong with it.

Scipio

Jonathan Coulton- Code Monkey Save World Acoustic Album
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: garbon on January 06, 2014, 10:48:49 PM
Prince - When You Were Mine

:thumbsup:

Prince -- "Controversy"
Do you get high?  Does your daddy cry?  (Controversy.)
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: garbon on January 15, 2014, 07:27:18 PM
I don't see anything particularly wrong with it.

I didn't listen to this one, but her cover of the Replacements' "Swingin' Party" was perfectly OK and performed a fine public service in exposing the younger generation to classic 80s pre-"alternative" rock.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)