News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

Bob Dylan - The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan (Album)

I'm glad he quit trying to sound like Woody Guthrie shortly after this album.  In his case trying to sound like Bob Dylan was a marked improvement.   :)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Piles of Desert Island Disc podcasts - favourite so far the Barnsley poet Ian McMillan, now listening to Alice Cooper.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

PDH

Inspired by Mongers earlier:

Concerto for a Rainy Day - ELO  (songs 10-13 of Out of the Blue (side 3 of the album))

There is indeed few songs that get a 40-something up more than Mr. Blue Sky
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Eddie Teach

You shouldn't let Mongers inspire you, you might do something silly like take up cycling.

PDH

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 20, 2013, 10:00:17 PM
You shouldn't let Mongers inspire you, you might do something silly like take up cycling.

Exactly.

Still, Mr. Blue Sky has power
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PDH on October 20, 2013, 09:47:23 PM

Followed up by All Over The World.  That's a happy two-fer.

ELO has always been quality stuff.

PDH

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 20, 2013, 10:26:03 PM
Quote from: PDH on October 20, 2013, 09:47:23 PM

Followed up by All Over The World.  That's a happy two-fer.

ELO has always been quality stuff.

ELO is one of my childhood things.  When we were on summer vacation my mom would put a couple of ELO albums on the record player and we would have that as background music.  Good times for a 10 year old.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Savonarola

Sly and the Family Stone - Fresh (Album)

This is considerably more upbeat and less burned out than "There's a Riot Going on."  I'm certain Sly was every bit as drugged up as he was on his last album (his version of Que Serat Serat being evidence of that), but there's a couple of upbeat little numbers in this as well.  The track "If it were left up to me" shows what the band was still capable of at that point, with such outstanding quick little throw-aways.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

CountDeMoney

Pedrito

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 21, 2013, 12:52:54 PM
Quote from: Pedrito on October 21, 2013, 12:07:17 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 21, 2013, 09:08:24 AM
Tool- Lateralus
The last listenable Tool album, sadly.

L.

BLASPHEME
Maybe I was unclear. Lateralus is a great album. 10,000 Days not quite so.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Eddie Teach

I think "The Pot" may be my favorite Tool song.

Eddie Teach