News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

Quote from: frunk on September 16, 2013, 03:03:38 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 15, 2013, 03:53:29 PM
"Big Battle" from Dune.  I don't know who did it.  I don't imagine Toto.

Brian Eno

No shit?  Excellent.

Br: Toto is pretty rad (there's a live version of "Hold The Line" that knocked my socks off) but it sounds more like traditional scoring than Toto.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Those Dancing Days - Help Me Close My Eyes
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

LOL, I heard Mike + The Mechanics' "Silent Running" today.  Whoa, talk about a Cold War flashback.

Edit:  And no, Ide, Toto is not "pretty fucking rad".  And yes, asshole: love is in fact on time every once in a while.

So sick of your generation thinking the shit I had to suffer through in my youth as "rad". 

YOU DIDNT HAVE TO LISTEN TO STYX'S "MR ROBOTO" 3 TIMES EVERY HOUR IN 7TH GRADE BECAUSE TERRESTRIAL TOP 40 RADIO WAS ALL THERE WAS

Ideologue

Oh man, what a great song.

"Silent Running" also.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

Focus - a compilation of their best tracks, nothing says cool 1970s Dutch rock better than they do.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 16, 2013, 08:25:51 PM
LOL, I heard Mike + The Mechanics' "Silent Running" today.  Whoa, talk about a Cold War flashback.

One of the welders, I used to pick-up on the drive into work, absolutely loved Mke and the Mechanics, so it got a lot of play. He was the typical hard working Brit, decent bloke and family-first man.   :bowler:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josephus

I've had that Silent Running song in my head for the last hour now.

"Can you hear me?"
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

Whitney Houston--How Will I Know?
Kinemalogue

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Edit:  And no, Ide, Toto is not "pretty fucking rad".  And yes, asshole: love is in fact on time every once in a while.

So sick of your generation thinking the shit I had to suffer through in my youth as "rad". 

YOU DIDNT HAVE TO LISTEN TO STYX'S "MR ROBOTO" 3 TIMES EVERY HOUR IN 7TH GRADE BECAUSE TERRESTRIAL TOP 40 RADIO WAS ALL THERE WAS

Mr Roboto is awesome. :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Tegan & Sara - Now I'm All Messed Up

Only good Albertans.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on September 18, 2013, 12:05:50 PM

Oh BB...you got so much to learn
Civis Romanus Sum

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on September 18, 2013, 04:06:15 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 18, 2013, 12:05:50 PM

Oh BB...you got so much to learn

I didn't say it was good - but it is indeed awesome. :punk:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.