And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald, Gordon Lightfoot
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

PDH

ELO - In the Hall of the Mountain King
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: Josephus on July 31, 2013, 06:20:24 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 30, 2013, 09:48:48 PM
Quote from: mongers on July 30, 2013, 07:42:17 PM
Van Halen '1984' - Especially 'Jump' and the guitar solo in 'Drop Dead Legs'

Not really partial to "Jump", but "Panama" and especially "Hot For Teacher" were the last, fitful breaths of a truly monumental rock band, before they went got themselves all Yoko Ono'd.

Thought they had some good songs in the Hagar era. I was partial to that Right Now song.

Van Hagar is the best.

Dead Man's Bones (Ryan Gosling's music combo or whatever)--The Place Where You Sleep.  Pretty good.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Destiny's Child - Survivor

My karaoke song last night in an Irish bar.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 02, 2013, 12:24:55 PM

LOL, I was just listening to Bootylicious on the way back from Pennsylvania. 
AND NO YOU MAY NOT ASK WHY ITS ON MY IPOD

11B4V

Quote from: Ideologue on August 01, 2013, 06:10:30 PM

Not really partial to "Jump", but "Panama" and especially "Hot For Teacher" were the last, fitful breaths of a truly monumental rock band, before they went got themselves all Yoko Ono'd.

Thought they had some good songs in the Hagar era. I was partial to that Right Now song.

Van Hagar is the best.
Dead Man's Bones (Ryan Gosling's music combo or whatever)--The Place Where You Sleep.  Pretty good.
:bleeding:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on August 03, 2013, 01:41:16 PM
Van Hagar is the best.

Josephus

Eddie Murphy's Party All The Time is currently playing in my head. I'm not really sure why. I don't think I've actually heard the song itself since, like, 1985 or something. And I want it gone. Now.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 02, 2013, 08:48:24 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 02, 2013, 12:24:55 PM

LOL, I was just listening to Bootylicious on the way back from Pennsylvania. 
AND NO YOU MAY NOT ASK WHY ITS ON MY IPOD

I don't think I need to ask. ;)

Betty Who - Somebody Loves You

ulmont

Liep

Fiona Apple - Extraordinary Machine
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ideologue

Van Hagar is the best.

Right Now?  Love Walks In?  When It's Love?  Other songs with the word "love" in the title?

On the other hand, Roth had Dance the Night Away. :hmm:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

11B4V

Quote from: Ideologue on August 03, 2013, 04:07:32 PM

Van Hagar is the best.

Right Now?  Love Walks In?  When It's Love?  Other songs with the word "love" in the title?

On the other hand, Roth had Dance the Night Away. :hmm:

Van Hagar= :bleeding:

1984=
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

I'll Wait is a damn fine song. Especially at 70 mph down a highway in a muscle car.

So boo I say to you 11heyboy, boo I say!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive