News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

I have been listening to some Frank Turner songs, and despite enjoying most of them, I still haven't decided if I shouldn't just consider him a pretentious ahole.

The Brain

Wiener Philharmoniker - Don Giovanni
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Courtney Love was great. No new solo shit, just best of Hole. :wub:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Skammens Vogn - Kender Du Det?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Pedrito

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Raising Sand.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Josephus

Quote from: garbon on June 26, 2013, 10:34:27 PM

Her Live Through This album is a grunge classic.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on June 27, 2013, 07:09:16 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 26, 2013, 10:34:27 PM

Her Live Through This album is a grunge classic.

She did Violet, Miss World, and Asking For It with the encore ending with Doll Parts. Before doing Doll Parts she said she was doing it but wasn't going to enjoy it as she now hates it...and then said sort of like blowjobs. So this was her being forced to give a blowjob. Then halfway through she opined that she was starting to like it...and at then end thanked us for making it enjoyable. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on June 27, 2013, 07:46:14 AM
My tinnitus.  <_<

My poor Dad, he's developed it bad.  Doc said it's just old age, so we got him a set of wireless headphones for the TV, so the walls don't shake anymore when he's got it on.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 27, 2013, 07:51:07 AM
Quote from: mongers on June 27, 2013, 07:46:14 AM
My tinnitus.  <_<

My poor Dad, he's developed it bad.  Doc said it's just old age, so we got him a set of wireless headphones for the TV, so the walls don't shake anymore when he's got it on.

Well I haven't got it too bad Yet; it seems to run in families and my old dear probably has it similar to you Dad. 
Luckily as long as I always keep a noise going in the back, like the radio, I can generally 'ignore'.

Plus it helps that I never go to bed and allow myself to listen to it in the quiet, attempting to sleep only when I'm dog tired seems to work.

Money, one thing your old man should look into is a new product from an American company, that has impressive trial results and is now being rolled out to the public. Costs about $5-7,000 but is working for a good percentage of people:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23528923

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josephus

Come on Eileen, Dexy's Midnight Runners.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

There's a side project of some members from the Deftones and Isis called "Palms". 

Nice little EP, some surprisingly mellow grooves for those of you that like Isis and the more exploratory stuff the Deftones have done.

Highly recommended.

Syt

David Bowie - This Is Not America
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Josephus on June 27, 2013, 04:13:10 PM
Come on Eileen, Dexy's Midnight Runners.

You must be over 40.  ^_^
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points